Ubuntu and chrome's password sync

It does indeed work with your phone. Not with apps, but in things that use the browser such as gmail and the android version of chrome.

I’d imagine firefox does the same though.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the suggestion for using external PS managers. I will look into it.

Based on the feedback on everyone, so am I the only one that has issues with Chrome’s internal password manager and ubuntu?..it seems that either you dont have those issues or you guys just outright not use them at all.

1 Like

Personally I rather keep stuff away from Google as a preference, but they do offer a good, secure service.
And the chrome browser has a strong reputation, so I would say go for it!

I cant realistically help you without more information about your setup. Are you signed into the browser? Does your little avatar have the synced icon on it like this?

Thanks guys. i think i have accidentally solved it. the issue as it turned out was the keyring password. i didn’t know that you have to enter keyring password in order to get authorize/get access to the password…

what’s this built-in keyring function in ubuntu for?

You don’t have to. You can leave it blank. Keyring is a master password that protects unauthorized access. In this case, keyring keeps people from launching chrome and getting access to your saved credentials.