Ubiquiti APs high jitter and packet loss with iOS devices

Ok so the SSID for your iPads is only going through one ap at the sports bar? Do all the iPads stay in one general location near it?

Curious, how many SSIDs are at the sports bar?

Bar, kitchen, main dining APs. 3 total
Channels 1,6,6 set on auto
**** **** Staff (WPA2)
**** **** Guest (Guest Portal, isolated)

“Beer Garden” for iPads
**** **** Aloha (WPA2, hidden SSID)
Channel 11. Set on auto

This is an outdoor picnic style area, waitresses use the iPads out here to put in orders, lots of drinks. This area is what the iPads are for (why the AP is positioned next to an exterior wall).

There is one more SSID on a totally physically separate network that I don’t control, it is used to allow two iPad minis to control inputs on the roughly 50 TVs inside the restaurant and in the beer garden. It is run off it’s own AP.

So does the “Beer Garden” AP runs at 2.4GHz and the “inside” (what I will call) AP at 5? If this is the case, can you try set the channels for the inside AP to something relatively high like at least 153 up to 161 (at least this is how my router’s channel is configured)? IIRC, interference from other devices’ radio frequencies occurs if the wifi channels are set too low. And if it’s possible, can you have the 3 APs inside running at the same, high numbered channel? Just in case if the packet loss is caused by this inconsistency.

Quite a lot of wifi infrastructure though, otherwise…

When you can let us know what is handling the routing of this network.

Edgerouter and Edgeswitch handling VLANs

May be way out there but these 50 TVs are they all hardwired into a switch or are they even smart TVs? Reason I ask is that a lot of smart TVs are known to put out a crazy amount of trash on the wifi channels.

I’m not sure of the models but I wouldn’t think so. It’s all HDMI over Cat5

1 Like

They run both freqs, both the beer garden AP and the inside ones, but it’s some weird thing Ubiquiti does where it’s all under the same SSID.

Just doesn’t explain how I’m getting the same problems in my office without all the complexity. Sorry if I didn’t grasp what you’re saying, I had a few too many cocktails last night and not enough sleep.