Ubilolz

Never bought anything on the Ubisoft store yet, but FC3BD has to be redeemed there.

So I finally have some time to do that, and I can't, because it's such an offensive title that it can only be bought between 22h00 (10PM) and 06h00 (6AM), I can however put it into my shopping cart, and buy it later (and it's a fucking free game from the AMD Reloaded promo, does that mean noone can buy graphics cards between 6AM and 10PM?):

Aufgrund des Jugendschutzgesetzes sind einige Titel nur zwischen 22:00 Uhr und 6:00 Uhr erhältlich. In der Zeit zwischen 6:00 Uhr und 22:00 Uhr können Sie das Produkt nicht erwerben. Sie können es aber in Ihren Einkaufswagen legen und später kaufen.

I got this message after having to confirm my identity and date of birth by the way, this is really going too far!

The best part is that FC3BD is rated USK16 in Germany, which means Age 16 and older, it's not even rated for adults only, nor for vampires only for that matter...

The craziness has reached a new high in Germany... sometimes I think daily cocaine tests for politicians would be a really good idea...

On the other hand, it shows again how good Steam is, Ubistifft won't even sell stuff.

Oh boy I miss the 80's and 90's... what the fuck happened, in 1989 the Berlin Wall fell, and instead of the represses becoming more free, the free became more repressed in only about 10 years time!

And to those stupid idiots from Ubisoft Canada, they have to learn German acronyms: USK in USK16 stands for "Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle", that means it's not a mandatory norm, it's a volontary selfimposed guideline, and it has nothing to do with the Youth Protection Act (Jugendschutzgesetz). Bloody boneheads!

So, you can only download games with mature content during watershed? Holy shit, I thought my politicians were crazy. Do they just not understand the concept of what a videogame is?

I think the differnce is your german law's (there are some realy stupid ones)