Two GPU's Freeze Issue Nvidia/AMD Ubuntu GPU Passthrough Attempt

I have two GPU’s installed in my system, I want to use a GT 710 for the Ubuntu host OS and a R9 390 to passthrough to a Windows VM. I blacklisted the R9 390 and I have no driver installed for that card. When booting up with the GT 710 on the latest kernel the system starts freezing right after I login and eventually will stop responding. I tried booting on the R9 390 and switching from the open source drivers to Nvidia’s but after reboot this caused the GT 710 to not output anything at all. But right after doing such I decided to completely remove my R9 390 from my system to see what would happen and Ubuntu boots perfectly fine and it is completely stable. I do not understand at all what’s wrong, I feel like there shouldn’t be any kind of graphic driver issues since I did not install any drivers for my R9 390 just for my GT 710 and I’ve also blacklisted the R9 390. I’ve also installed Ubuntu perfectly fine before with just my R9 390 using AMD’s drivers.

try not using a graphical session on the host. it could just be a bug with the desktop environment your are trying to use.