TV Mount Issue

I had my tv repaired last spring and the guy that repaired it had a spare screw. I had it mounted via the stand. I am moving into my new house today and want to mount it to the wall. The vesa mounts on the back lack threads for the tv mount. I think the guy put it back together incorrectly. Because there are four vesa mount holes, but no thread for bolts/screws. I think it is loose in the tv. I mean why the fuck a professional tv repairman does this incorrectly, but also ends up with an extra screw… I had it repaired under the warranty, but the guy just spent like 20 minutes taking it apart and putting it back together and couldn’t figure out where that screw went.

3 Likes

Your title of that post was simply too click baity. So did you figure out how to put it back together or do you need help? If its loose in the TV. See if you can remove the mounting mechanism realign and secure it?

1 Like

Hit up ifixit guides for your TV and when you have it down start up your own TV repair place with a massive smear campaign against the shitty one you went to.

2 Likes

I didn’t get to choose the tv repairman, LG chose for me. Anyways @PhaseLockedLoop I will do that when I have more time.

1 Like

Based on what I have been through, the VESA mounts on TV’s are often blocks of metal with tabs and are impregnated in plastic molded around them.
The plastic is often too thin and they too often break off and fall into the TV itself.

1 Like