My system has a ryzen 9 5950X and a rx6800xt.
I’m running arch, with Gnome as my desktop environment and I have a valve index. I’m tired of booting into Windows to play VR titles, so I’m trying to get to the bottom of whatever makes steamvr a stuttering mess on my system.
What I have found out so far:
- Steamvr won’t work at all in Wayland.
- The choice and configuration of the GPU drivers seems to matter a lot.
What I’m still struggling with:
- Which beta version of steamvr I should be using
- How to get steamvr and the games it spawns to use a specific driver of my choosing.
- A good Xorg.conf to get the most out of my rx6800xt and index
- Which VR games work well:
B. Via proton
If any of you have a 6800xt and index working well together in Linux, I’d like to know which driver you are using, and your Xorg config