Trying To Find The Right Motherboard For PC Build

I’m trying to find the right motherboard for my build as it’s still not done yet. (Due to obvious reasons. Plus, there have been many changes along the way as I continue to learn different things.)

Originally, I had planned on getting a particular Z370 motherboard from my local BestBuy. But since at the time, the 1 I wanted wasn’t in stock, they ordered a Z390 motherboard for me instead. After doing a little research of my own, I noticed that the motherboard I currently have has different USB options on it which aren’t quite compatible with the case I have in mind. So what does that mean? You guessed it, I’ll try to get a refund for the motherboard I have (hopefully) & try to get a motherboard that will be more suited for me & my needs. The link that you’ll see is what all my components will be going in: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=Corsair+Obsidian+500D+RGB+SE+&N=-1&isNodeId=1

So, here are the main features I’m looking for in a motherboard: ATX form factor, LGA 1151 300 Series socket for the 8th Gen CPU I’ll be using, liquid cooling support for AIO cooler (pump header, PWM fan control etc.), USB 3.0 Type-A Gen 2 & USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 2 headers for the case’s IO, M.2-2280 socket for an NVMe SSD, etc.

Hopefully you guys can give me some good, solid recommendations. And if you need to ask me anything, just feel free to do so! :slight_smile:

Pretty much any decent Z370 / Z390 should have all the base headers,
that a modern case needs.
Unless you got some cheaper entry level board maybe.

Something like a Asus Maximus X Hero should be a decent choice.

I just edited the post & added a link to the case. But for the product description, I think they meant to say USB 3.0 Type-A instead of USB 3.1. (I remember because I called & asked Corsair about the case’s IO today just to be sure.)

You might wanne check out the Asus Maximus X Hero Z370.
Or the Maximus XI Hero Z390.
Those have the features you need, also pump header etc.
Those aint the cheapest boards, but they are decent.

Hm. Thanks for the suggestion/tips! :smiley: I’ll double-check just to be sure!