Trying to build gaming/video editing pc

So I'm thinking of maybe trying to assemble a pc. I want a pretty powerful pc for gaming and video editing. I was looking to build something around $1500 (or less if possible). Now after searching the internet for a bit I found a video on youtube for a $2000 video editing/gaming rig (ULTIMATE Build a Better $2000 Gaming & Silent Workstation PC Computer "How To" Guide - YouTube). This one was build with silence and good cooling in mind. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to take down the price a little with some different options that might work just as well. I was already think on getting just the ivy bridge i7 instead of the haswell and maybe a smaller SSD. Also, Someone suggested getting a 2011 SOCKET MOBO instead of the one listed, his reasoning was, 

"For the type of Build your going for and the Budget, why not jump to Socket 2011 i7's instead.
Sometime next year I believe, Intel plans on Releasing their new X99 Chipset on Socket 2011, bringing in DDR4 RAM and Haswell-E Series i7's. Also from what I have read, they will be ditching Quad cores on the low end, and start with a minimum of 6 core CPU's for the Haswell-E series as well. in the meantime, a current Socket 2011 system might have the longevity and performance your looking for in the Video editing tasks".  

Any opinons on that? Any feedback would be appreciated! Oh, and here are the specs from the video if you don't want to watch it:

Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" CPU

Amazon.com: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K: Computers & Accessories

Intel 520 Series 240GB SSD

Intel 520 Series SSDSC2CW240A3K5 - Newegg.com

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard

Newegg.com - ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Fractal Design Define R4

Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl w/ USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case - Newegg.com

GeForce GTX 780 video card

Newegg.com - MSI N780-3GD5 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

WD Green 3TB hard drive

Western Digital WD Green WD30EZRX 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Newegg.com

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 RAM

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 - Newegg.com

Seasonic G Series 550W power supply

SeaSonic G Series SSR-550RM 550W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

bequiet! Dark Rock 2 CPU cooler

Amazon.com : Dark Rock PRO 2 - Prozessorkühler : Computer Cpu Cooling Fans : Electronics
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones

Razer Deathadder 2013 gaming mouse

I shop newegg pretty heavily, especially looking at a CPU or motherboard and then bundled deals. I mapped out an i5 (4th Gen) for a friend for under $800 with video card. Because you mentioned video editing then I would suggest an i7 to take advantage of hyper threading. A lot of stuff like 3DSMAX, Maya, and After Effects can actually take advantage of the Hyperthreading. If you were mostly planning on gaming I would go i5; it's cheaper and will still be able to render, just a bit slower. I really liked the Asus boards after hearing about them from JJ. Maybe I was caught up in the sales pitch but the overclocking suite looked pretty... sweet. Apologies for the pun.

I would suggest going with the FX-8350 for editing. The 8 cores really help.

$2000 huh? Here's what I got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCombos.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901&SubCategory=343&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1 looking for the 1922.99

i7 4770k

Asus Sabertooth z87

G. Skill Ripjaw 32GB Ram (4x8gb)

Samsung 256GB SSD

Seagate 4TB HDD

2x Asus GTX 660TI (SLI Ready)

Corsair 80Plus Bronze PSU

Rosewill White Case (It's a home)

The intel acts as an 8 core so performence should be similar. IDK, it's up to you. Never worked with an AMD. I had thought intel ruled video editing but with 8 physical cores...

^No. Never go SLI if you have the option for a single card configuration with similar performance. 32 gigs is way to extreme.

Here is what I would go with: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1jxa6

Go with the Intel route if you want. This is cheaper and the 8 cores will perform really well with editing.

32 gig? Not for video editing, especially physics simulations. It was a bundle deal so all or nothing. Never shopped pcpartpicker. Do they have better prices than newegg?

pcpartpicker shows the cheapest price of that component that it could find. It also finds combo's for you. 16 gigs will still be more than enough.

Unless you plan on using After Effects for heavily layered, 1080p+ compositions, 32gb is overkill.  You would be better off getting two sticks of 8gb and then upgrading later when/if it becomes practical for you to do so.  Instead put that money towards faster storage/SSDs.