Trust and VPNs

Right! I got a degoogle post im writing right now and Im trying to not get distracted LMAO.

I suppose thats the implication that came across. I guess what I am getting at is that they have ties and former connections it just makes it one step easier for say one of the Clandestine agencies to break the security chain by say using an exploit known to that company but not its users? Does nobody see that as a possibility?

A-a-are you su-s-sure??? Anderson Cooper interned for the CIA in, in… Well, when he was 16!? HOW D’YOU KNOW HE’S NOT A PROPAGANDA PLANT.

CNN…

CLINTON…

STARTS WITH C…

CLINTON NEWS NETWORK!?!?!?!?!??!!?

2 Likes

@AnotherDev’s Law

" As a discussion on the Internet grows longer, the likelihood of a comparison of a person’s being compared to Clinton or another epstein reference, increases."

Sorry pal couldnt help it… God im troling my own post.

He knew the Clintons, and now he’s dead. Therefore if you know a Clinton you will die one day.

1 Like

Lol well above I said I was making the post. I was making a degoogle post while replying it showing my experience going forth. Its going to be in parraell with all these posts. More like a divergent split blog.

The self-bettering de-google experience (GrapheneOS)

Friendly reminder to only ever run scripts and packages that you know and/or trust.
Obviously look at what other people are saying about everything you run is a really good way to go about it.
I also recommend spinning your own, you learn more that way.

Mossad would be kind of foolish tho to send you. Why not use a gentile instead? More believable.

If you are using a VPN because you think that it somehow protects you from government spying… it might, there’s no way to know for sure. These providers are not your friends, they didn’t grow up with you, and like most they probably aren’t obsessively ethical.

They will sell you out at the first chance of them losing their freedoms. That’s human nature.
I use a VPN I will not name because i think one of the benefits of them is that they are small and unknown, in a country you’ve probably never heard of, and I’d prefer it that way. I trust them with most anything I have sense there is minimal incentive to sell me out, and it’s currently 100 times better than my current service provider.

Though if for some reason, you are doing something that any .gov would be interested in finding you out for, you shouldn’t be using a VPN, you should be running Tails or Whonix in a coffee shop 50+ miles away from wherever you work and your home.
Disclaimer: I don’t support any illegal activities, and definitely wouldn’t encourage the shielding of anyone doing anything that was illegal, immoral, etc.

If you are like the rest of us and just want to avoid targeted ads and watch region locked content from wherever you are, most of these concerns don’t concern you. Your ISP you are bound by through the region you are in. They, like a VPN can see what you are doing.

VPNs are 90% shitty adverts for “privacy”
there is no privacy, just another person staring at your data.

1 Like

One would argue TOR is a good bit better. Let me say this again. The whole deal has nothing to really do with focusing on israel or one particular country race etc. I see the jokes happening. I dont want it to inflame lol. It more or less has to do with people needing to get out of this mentality that you can trust companies. I would end to end encrypt a VPS as much as I could. Even so called secure VPS services cant be trusted. Self host… Self host… Self host…

1 Like

forgot to mention that last part apart VPS services.
Just because you have a droplet on DO, that doesn’t mean jack for your privacy.
No matter how hardened, they have access to the hypervisor it’s running on top of and can see whatever is inside one of their VMs.

Self-hosting is :ok_hand:
Though if you are trying to get away from gov/ISP/advertisers they can easily find out who owns that box.

Though that doesn’t help much if you want to be half across the world.

There doesn’t seem to be an optimal conclusion to any of this, or any assurance that your information won’t be stolen

Thats it im creating a SHELLC lol

Thats what kind of makes it hard to swallow

1 Like

I mean you could go absolutely bonkers, get a VPN (pay with a cryptocurrency even though bitcoin isn’t exactly “private”) and configure your browser to go through TOR before connecting to the VPN, then from there you can control which country you are in.

Just prepare for the ultra slow, and you’d still have to practice strict OPSEC or it would all be for not.

People don’t like being told they are powerless, even though we are powerless in most things.

The thing is we never had to be nor should we be nor cant we break out of it. Its the same feeling I have about government. In any case

Yeah and some would TOR through that. Ive seen the TOR-VPN-TOR concept but that seems so difficult and almost pointless since the timing attack would just have to be pinpointed at the VPN.

1 Like

Yeah, i’m not sure what the answer is to any of this sort of thing. There’s a lot of debate going around as tech is getting more and more mature.
Though that’s another thread for another day.

Which is why I would never support that model, it doesn’t make sense… Just increase the required node hops before you get to your destination (the current minimum is three but that can be increased)

The only use the VPN is in that setup is to force a certain constant IP as the one that does the talking to the clearnet

1 Like

One has to say that if you go as far as doing all of these things, you’re pretty much the prime candidate for being spied upon the Mossad, the GRU, the CIA and whatnot, which is… ironic, to say the least. If you go through this much effort to hide yourself from the internet, well gee, I’d assume you’ve really got something to really hide.

Most people will never go through this hell of endless networking configuration in reward of something that is completely not tangible, so to speak. I am not well versed in networking security so please take me with a grain, not a grain but with a bloody KG of salt.

So my point is that by doing all of this… you’re kinda, in a way, encouraging to be spied upon. There’s no anonymity on the internet, and there has never been by design. Unless you run your own ISP, there will be always, always, some thing that will identify you.

Having said all of that, the work you’ve put into this is impressive and I’ve learned quite a bit. You’re awesome :heart:

I work for the government :rofl: they know how to reach me

Your welcome