TrueNas Core shadow copies issues

I just upgraded from 11.3 U4 to 12.0 RC1 and now my windows pervious versions don’t show any.

I had shadow copies set up on FreeNAS 11 before and they worked. Since the upgrade they seam to have disappeared. I tried to delete the old snap shots and create new ones but when I go to advanced and enable shadow copies there is no drop down anymore to point them to the snapshot location. I tried to un-enable SMB and then re-enable it and still no luck.

Do I have to delete the shares and re-create them?
I did upgrade my pools to 12.

you should open a bug report on their JIRA.

You updated to a release candidate (beta) release.

It appears to not be ready.

https://jira.ixsystems.com/projects/NAS/issues/NAS-103664?filter=allopenissues

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just wanted to see if I was the only one. I know the next update should be out either this month or next. So I’ll wait till that update and check again and if there is still this bug I’ll submit it.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me.

I hope your issue gets resolved.

In the meantime, if anyone else uses shadow copy in the way the OP describes and they have upgrade, I encourage them to post their results.

My shadow copies are working on 12.0 with shares created on 11.3 - I use the “Default Share Parameters” options fo the SMB share. I don’t see anything indicating that you need to point to the snapshot location - I believe the share editor knows where to look for snapshots of the shared dataset.

I had made the shares long ago before I knew of shadow copies but I was able to map the share back to the snapshots after the fact. Maybe I just have to recreate the shares for it to point to it right.

Finally had time to delete my shares and redo them and now they show up. But for some reason even though the snap shots are there I can’t get the files back if I deleted them.
Do I need to make it so they go to the trash or something?