TrueNAS Core kernel panic on Ryzen?

I run TrueNAS-12.0-U2.1

I noticed the system would go unresponsive when downloading torrents at about 80MB/s, but would eventually go back online. Still, abnormal for a Ryzen 5 2600X with 32GB of ram to go unresponsive.

I installed a Intel EXPI9402PT Dual Port gigabit NIC from an HP server I had lying around, and the unresponsiveness turned into all out crashes.

I’m running the latest version of the qbittorrent plugin. In order to investigate I created a torrent on my other machine and downloaded via the plugin over the local network at near gigabit speeds. After a few seconds the monitor plugged to the server goes blank, all HDD seeking noises stop, and only a hard reset will bring it back. It does look like a kernel panic or a hard crash, but I’m kind of new to this still. I couldn’t tell.

I don’t know which logs I should post, please tell me and I’ll be sure to.

i have noticed issues on my 2700x es where they are either, strongly degraded, or the board isn’t supplying enough Voltage, causing a hardcrash on windows boot for example.
Postcode in such a crash case on my C6H is a single 8 on the right digit.

Your issues don’t immediately sound like that, though i can recommend trying to disable PBO and set lower Multipliers to something guaranteed to be stable, like 30 for 3GHz. If you are then still experiencing issues, congratz, my problem isn’t your problem.

Cheers.

I left the bios settings at stock, since building this NAS a few months back, I don’t believe it has PBO settings on.

I narrowed the issue down to any high network activity load will crash the system. I’ll try downclocking and if that doesn’t work, downgrading the OS to 12.0-U2

I also opened a ticket on the iXsystems jira board but I’m not holding my breath.

EDIT: I tried disabling PBO, but it still crashes during high network loads. I’m almost ready to go full retard and import my pools to RHEL. Also there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to download a previous version of Truenas Core. Kind of a bummer, that’s something I take for granted by now.