TRS-80 Model lll: _Something Something Cool Name_

Then it is my duty to the community to get the blinggiest photos my phone can take.

3 Likes

ran out of likes

but I'll keep and eye out

how would you capture a planet and shoot said planet?

2 Likes

Screen, keyboard, fans, stuff.

9 Likes
1 Like

Based on your recommendation I am now going to RGB the shit out of this.

3 Likes

replace shaking it with RGB (I am the bug)

1 Like

Updates, slow but sure.

Bad things happened whilst adapting the 12" rounded bezel to accommodate the new 9.7" display so I had to basically make a new one from a sheet of ABS and resin. Not too shabby but I wish it hadn't of come to that. Installed a power button with an LED also power on and HDD activity LEDs. Front panel audio and USB3. I had considered putting slots or holes into the top floppy bay for airflow but decided that the open slots along the top with the two 120mm fans would provide enough airflow. After much frustration about where to mount the drive cage I just slapped it on the side in anger then immediately noticed that there is ample space for drives under the keyboard, fuck me right. Still need a power supply. After much experimenting I will have to gut all the old keys and install modern stems to be able to use the old keycaps. I'll save that for later, I just want to get this running and ready for a LAN for now.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Good pics coming soon

13 Likes
1 Like

I was really hoping that there was a dick-butt at the end of that gif

2 Likes

Valve time

1 Like

Wow awesome job! The usb ports look OEM!

1 Like

@MFZuul
Just some up close shots I took while filming. Project is finished for now.

Video coming in the next day or two.

7 Likes

damn

@anon85933304 is right them usb ports are well done tbh

3 Likes

Any updates? I like the look of this thing. Brings back memories.

1 Like

Upgraded to a 1700X might go vega when it's released. I want to re-shoot the video for it too. I have a similar but even more ridiculous retro project I'll be starting soon with a compaq portable 3.

1 Like