TRPro 3975WX + Gigabyte WRX80 not posting - Error code 62

No problem! Super appreciative of your help here. Flashing now.

EDIT: While processing I see the 00 Error code, is this normal?

Hmmm… I’ve never tried flashing with the ZIP package. Does that even work? I always unpack the ZIP and just upload the image.

It seems to be chugging along, but that’s good to know. I’ll extract in the future.

It’s cause you are uploading the ZIP package. Unpack it and just upload the .BIN file my friend.

Untitled

Got it, will do that now. Probably have to rest cmos now? Doh. Thanks!

Why? Just flash properly and you’ll be golden.

I know what you said, but will keep it a secret! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha! I think this chain has shown I’m a nub at this, just wanted to delete my misinformation!

and Huzzah, the BIOS has updated.

Still showing 00 Error Code though and the BMW_LED2 is slowly blinking orange.

Why do you think “00,” is an error code? It’s just reporting no CPU.

Ok, let’s populate the board. Unplug the PSU. Please add the 8 DIMMs and make sure they are securely seated, the CPU with good thermal bonding and ensure the CPU fans are properly seated. And finally, the GPU - what slot are you using?

Once they are all properly installed, plug in the PSU and power up the system.

From googling, it typically indicates an issue with the CPU or BIOS or RAM? Shooting from the hip here to be honest.

One complication, I’ve got a custom water cooling loop… I can setup a simple test loop, but that will take me some time.

I have 2 GPUs, one in Slot 1 another in Slot 3.

Ooooh… fancy. I hope you have pretty RGB lights?

Take your time - I’m here all day and will keep an eye out for an update.

While you are re-building the cooling loop, let’s confirm on IPMI that the BIOS flash was successful.

System Information

You should see this…

1 Like

Unfortunately no :c watercooling this out of necessity due to low airflow.

Thanks so much for your patience!

This is what I get :cry:

Oh, don’t despair - just unplug the PSU for at least 30 seconds so the Aspeed can fully restart. Plug it back in and check again please. It’ll populate for you.

Okay I’ll be on standby!

Still blank, displaying Code 00 on the motherboard too. Should I try going back to factory and then installing F3 instead?

You confirmed it flashed correctly - right? You chose the .BIN file and went through the upload first to 100% and then you clicked to flash and it went again to 100%?

F4 is fine.

What PSU are you using?

Yup it went to 100 (uploaded) and then I started flash and said Flash successful.

I have the following PSU:
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=758&area=en

And you connected the MOBO using all three connectors, right? 20, 21 and 22? And 21 is an ATX_PCIE connector which is a bit different for a typical motherboard.

I only used the 24pin and and the PCIE 8 pin, as I thought that I wouln’t need the CPU pin installed. I am re-updating the bios with the CPU cable also inserted into the motherboard.

Tsk tsk… silly boy!

Once the BIOS update completes, power down the system, unplug the PSU for 30 seconds+ and then plug in the PSU and check for a BMC heartbeat. Once it’s there, let’s confirm the BIOS update is correct using IPMI. Let’s confirm that before going any further, ok?

Can you show screenshots of your BIOS update process?