Troubleshooting help windows 8 install [unsolved]

Hello I'm upgrading my current pc motherboard and cpu and I'm trying to re-install windows 8 from scratch (via usb). I can get in and out of the bios fine and I get the windows 8 loading screen when I boot from usb then after about 10 scs it just goes to a blank screen.

specs
motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
cpu: i5-4690k
graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 660 Overclocked Edition 2GB
ssd I'm trying to install on: 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus 2.5" SSD
PCU: 850W FSP Aurum Pro Modular
stroage HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 7200 RPM

Thanks for the help

How is your monitor plugged in? direct to the motherboard or GPU?

Yes it's plugged into the Gpu via DVI-D and my other monitor is plugged in VIA HDMI

I would try direct to the motherboard and see how far you get. Its possible the motherboard needs a BIOS update to run the GPU correctly. Sorry I might be leading you down the wrong path to fix this but its like shooting at a target in the dark, one step at a time.

I plugged into the motherboard directly and when i try boot I get nothing on my monitor not even the bios

The GPU might need to be removed as some motherboard will disable the on board displays when a GPU is detected.

ok so I got to the same spot windows 8 logo loading then blank screen

Ok I pulled this from what might be the same problem. The possible solution below did not work for everyone but might fix your issue.

After rebooting, when I got back to the black screen, I connected a second display monitor, which showed me the picture.
I worked my way from there by:
1. Go to CONTROL PANEL
2. Click on DEVICE MANAGER
3. Expand on DISPLAY ADAPTER
4. Double click on "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
5. under Driver Tab, click on "Roll Back Driver"
That should solve your problem.
Apparently, after successful installation, Windows 8 updates the drivers in the background, that's why all of a sudden, the screen goes black.

I tryed connecting my second display but still nothing unfortunately I don't get as far as he did I only get to here http://i.stack.imgur.com/UfAQj.png and then blank screen

Can you boot back into your previous OS?

When I booted from my old windows 8 I just got "Preparing automatic repair" black screen

update: I booted it off my old HDD for a second time and it was stuck at the loading screen for like 5 min, then changed to Getting devices ready and not it's been on "getting devices ready 100%" for about 7min

Try the following: If you can burn the ISO to the usb drive again I recommend doing it. Try booting to a different physical USB port on the motherboard (make sure its usb 2.0, 3.0 can be finnicky), Try installing without your GPU installed, Try booting the USB drive on a different computer, Try creating a ubuntu disk and see if you can boot to that (trial mode). Let us know what you see after these suggestions.

ok I tryed useing the usb to boot on my laptop and it worked but it's now moved to "getting ready" so I think I'm going to wait it out and see if it will just boot giving it a few hours then if not I'll try ubuntu I also tryed useing my windows 8 dvd to install lastnight and that didn't work all with/without gpu installed it's (currently out )

Do you have anything plugged into a USB 3.0 port?

ok tryed everything nothing to do with windows worked but I installed ubuntu and it's working

ok I installed it and it said install sucessful but now it wont boot into desktop just says insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key

Update: just randomly I started it and I got to the install screen but it wont let me install on my ssd says "windows can't be installed on drive 0 portion 1" and it says it can be installed on my HDD but when I try to install I get error code "0x80300024"