problem: the SSD I previously used for windows storage will not allow me to make or delete files, unless through the cli (specifically when inside the mounted drive, clicking “new folder” or any of the file creation options I get a message telling me I cannot create file in [drive location] /dev/sdb)
- I have tried: wiping, formatting to ext4, fsck, then reformatting
- it can mount and unmount properly
- cd into the drive and mkdir will make a folder inside
- have I broken my drive?, and if so is it recoverable?
- is there a specific process for this kind of situation, like “wipe, de corrupt/clean, format”?