Trouble installing win10 on x470

Edit: I now realize it just says media device drivers and not specifically storage. Clicking browse shows all attached volumes, but has no drivers

I’m in the Windows 10 installer (fresh 04/2018 iso) on the x470 taichi + 2600X. There is a 960 pro m.2, and two hdds connected via sata. UEFI sees them all. Windows installer sees none of them. Downloading drivers from the mobo support page didn’t give me much. I chose ‘browse for driver’ and picked several folders, to no avail. UEFI update to latest beta didn’t work, either. Mostly stock uefi settings; no OC. In fact, I can boot the existing w10 from m.2 into safe mode, but can’t install the drivers, since they are apparently unsigned. Booting with signature enforcement disabled causes a blue screen.

What am I missing, here?

AFAIK, you need .inf files for the drivers. Its odd you cant see your normal sata drives. What step are you making it to in the installer? Are you set in some kind of raid mode in bios?

Sata is set to AHCI, and booting arch/antergos via USB sees everything.

I’ll try a new iso. I just grabbed the latest from MS and put it on a USB using dd.

Ok, update- I can see the drives when I click browse. I assumed it was a storage driver problem since it said ‘media.’

Two or three more iso downloads and no success.

progress, sort of.

Booted safe mode and disabled a bunch of Asus/Intel stuff as I am now on asrock/ryzen.

I can now boot without bsod but there’s still crap everywhere, so I’m using media creation tool while it works.

If that doesn’t work, i guess I’ll install the ryzen drivers on my existing install.

I tried the media creation tool and it never worked for me, so I went with Rufus which worked first shot.

1 Like

Media creation tool did it. For now, I may stick with my existing install. It’s easier.

Unfortunately, some of the Asus stuff like AI Suite won’t technically uninstall since the offending blue-screening asus service isn’t running. :neutral_face:

Anyway, it’s solved now.