Trip wire lazer

Does anyone know what the proper term is for a lazer, or other wave, that sets something off when the beam is broken?

And/or where to get one?

an infrared emitter and a sensor, you shoot the emitter into the sensor.

Where can I get one?

search google

 infrared emitter and a sensor