Transhuman Augmentation, Singularity, AI, and other interesting things! (Logan + Wendell)

As the title says, this is a forum about what is going to happen in the near future. Now, this isn't going to be a message/topic for anyone to leave whatever they want (hopefully) I would much prefer if this could be treated and used as a location for an intellectual and intelligent discussion, then views/opinions could be discussed as matter-of-fact, instead of someone saying 'I want a robot arm!' or something along those lines.

Anyway, now that's out of the way, i've been watching a lot of Tek syndicate over the last few weeks, as i'm building a new rig, but what I have noticed in the video's are short, 1-2 min sections on topics such as stated above. But what I am really interested in hearing is your opinions on these topics. 

Ray kurzweil, (if you don't know who he is then google it) has predicted that by 2020, computers will have matched the human brain in terms of power, long story short, the singularity will have started, and exponential growth will occur at a much faster and rapid pace, since we cannot create something more intelligent that ourselves, it will be down to the computer's to do, and as they create faster and more intelligent machines, they increase their own intelligence, which will become unbelievably exponential in terms of growth, etc. etc. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uIzS1uCOcE

What I am interested in hearing though are you guys at TekSyndicate's views and thoughts on matter's like the singularity, AI, artillects, etc. As this will be incredibly important over the next few years, as our generation will see this first hand.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I'm interested in reading some views on these topics!

If anyone finds any interesting links then feel free to leave them!

Cobaas