Tracks Downloaded From Soundcloud Don't Sound "High Quality" - Is There A Better Way? 🤔

This is definitely an interesting piece of the video project journey.

I decided to keep things simple by just having all MP3 files & then adding the artwork once I’m ready to when I go to edit. So I managed to find the tracks I want on Soundcloud, & I used https://soundcloudmp3.org to download the tracks, but I noticed that 1 of them does not sound as high quality as the version that is on Spotify. I honestly don’t know if this site I used had any noticeable effect on the quality or not. But please, if there’s a better way of downloading the tracks I want with no loss in quality, do let me know! :+1:

As always, don’t forget to ask me anything if you have questions or just need more details. I’ll be sure to answer back to the best of my knowledge. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Ripping them from legally owned / purchased cd’s is your best bet.

Next would be to download your purchased music in a lossless format such as flack / aac.

Look to see if soundcloud has a setting for when you download music in a particular format and the highest bit rate possible.

My $0.02 for what it’s worth!

Going by the website URL they seem to convert whatever soundcloud provides to MP3? That is a stupid idea, see also Generation Loss.

Use a tool like youtube-dl instead so you can get whatever Soundcloud provides directly. I think there’s also a Premium-type thing for soundcloud that allows downloading directly from the website (and even pays the artists?)?

1 Like

Hello buddy, If you are looking for a best place to save your audio with high quality then you can try use Spotify songs. Which have high quality as well. Also you can use this tool to save your audio in your device.