Top Raman Recipies

Top Ramam......the AMD of the soup world.
I prefer the packages over the cup. Ways to improve that I like:
Adding actual vegetables.
Using homemade stock instead of water.
Adding instant mash potato stuff for body. or slice of stale bread.
Adding almost any leftover.
Essentials: pat of butter, onion and garlic powder, basil or thyme, Parmesan or American cheese
Fav nickname: welfare soup.
They seem to sell allot of it but anyone wanna admit to buying it or actually........liking it:)

5 Likes

I like this thread. +1

1 Like

I found a massive Korean store on accident and went wandering about inside. Came across some very interesting looking ramen. I bought a few (like 20 individual packs in all). Bad news: They cost about a dollar each. Good news: That is the best ramen I've ever had. I would gladly buy it again. I believe you can get it online as well.

P.s. I tried a different brand of Korean ramen and it was garbage. So you have to be careful on what you get. I can go find the brand if you are interested though.

2 Likes

I honestly used to be obsessed with ramen noodle soups. I used to eat them every day; Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Taiwanese, etc. and all delicious.

This all ended the day that I had fresh made ramen noodles and from scratch stock and toppings. Seriously, I can't stomach the packaged stuff now. I remember how much I used to enjoy it but just can't get into it anymore.

2 Likes

I put in a little coco powder. 1 tsp of hot sauce, 2tsp thyme, 2 tsp cumin and 1tsp pepper.

1 Like

Ha! I liked your post just for this 1st line.

2 Likes

Well I will assume you don't have a liking for Asian cuisine or at least Japanese as none of those flavours are even close to actual ramen?

1 Like

I don't know. I never had true Asian food. The ramen I eat is from the store by an American company and the spice packet they give is too small to give the dish flavor. So I just put in anything I find in the cabinet.

I may add Asian spices next time. To the store I go !

2 Likes

yes.

1 Like

Here are the three that I like. They are in order of best to worst. The black one (spicy beef) is fucking amazing. The other two are really good, but didn't blow my mind like the black one did. The red one really tasted a lot like seafood, so if that is your thing, this is the one to go with. Smelled like really spicy crawfish to me. Tons of that seafood flavor (specifically crawfish). The brands in order are NongShim, Paldo, and Pulmuone. Picture isn't great, but you can see what they look like.

EDIT: P.s. The top two are spicy as hell. But you could probably guess that.

4 Likes

1) its called Ramen
(don't be an ass and correct your spelling - grammar nazi?)

2) Adding actual ingredients always helps... spices too.

3 Likes

NongShim would be my favorite brand also. Just don't get the seafood flavor.

3 Likes

Sometimes I sprinkle crushed red pepper in mine, or just break it up in a plastic bag and eat it like chips.

1 Like

Neither is most of what people have posted here. Ramen is just a chicken or pork broth with (Chinese) noodles and toppings, hit that checkbox, its ramen.

Shin are my personal Favorite

2 Likes

Mix any of the following, crack and egg on top, and even cheap ramen pretty much becomes magic.

For vegetables:

• Garlic
  • Green Onion/Scallion/Spring Onion
  • Broccoli
  • Carrot
  • Chili peppers
  • Bean sprouts

Seasoning:

• Little bit of pepper goes a long ways
  • Lemongrass
  • Curry powder/paste
  • Ginger

Add raw egg while cooking and season to taste. Pick it up from a gamer dude that starts with a K. :)

I'm all about habanero hot sauce with sliced sweet onion and shrimp flavored ramen in the styrofoam cup. The ramen is called maruchuan or maru-sean, or marco polo chan or something. It's one of the two major American ramen makers.

I do mine total pov-student style.

Noodles
mixure of ketchup Manis and Soy sauce.
Some for a chilli sauce
sprinkled with fried orions.

Brrrrhrrrrhrh !

I've gotten into the habit of making a large batch of stew, and freezing it in portions. I then defrost it in a pan with about 100ml of water. When it's defrosted, I add the noodles, and then poach two eggs in it.

Very filling meal. Doesn't really matter what's in the stew, it just works.

2 Likes