Tool for Reviewing Web Design (Selenium?)

Someone has asked me for a good solution for reviewing web designs for their clients to review. I assume there’s a tool out there that will spit out a page rendered at different sizes and even with different browsers. Quickly looking at Selenium and it looks like it can do that.

Additionally, many of the pages are animated (gifs, scrolling animations, etc). Is there a tool to automatically render these to a short video files at different sizes? Not sure what the best solution would be…

The end game is to put these into a review/markup platform where they can be annotated. Also interested to know if such a platform exists that allows annotations directly on the rendered webpage. They currently use Workfront ProofHQ which they like a lot for reviewing stills, but I’m not sure if it has any ability to annotated video.

@kreestuh curious what you use for client reviews…

Thanks everyone in advance for your time.

For additional E2E testing, look at Cypress.

I know it does videos of the GUI tests like how you asked.

2 Likes

Yep, this looks great, thank you.

Yeah, Cypress is better than Selenium, IMNSHO

(having used both)

1 Like

Yeah, looks way more fleshed out.

Ha, ok, so apparently their requirements are way simpler than I thought. They just need a javascript animation converted to video… I guess I can do that with Cypress, but now that seems overkill.

1 Like

That’s like deploying a seal team for parking tickets.

1 Like

Hey they punk has no front license plate lets get him!

lookin at timecut

1 Like

The dumbest thing ever. Front plates ruin the lines of the car

Timecut is working well, but I’m not sure how to detect the duration of the javascript animation.

Timecut is a very good tool for this purpose

Timecut is also a good software