Tōk Alaska™ | My Road To A Working Retirement By Growing Cannabis

... that comment is so old I forgot it.

well i missed it and just saw it :p

blame @Indolent :p

I want to be able to do this!
Always been a dream. Good luck with the adventure and please yes give us update.

1 Like

Finally got into the forum. It is on indefinite hiatus. The cost of security equipment alone is a major hurdle.

Hey ! Just a suggestion; do a hell of a lot of planning in all possible directions, water supply, quality of water, heat (wood is very very dry) high humidity, proper lighting (and there are a lot of philosophies on this).......little a home, and realized, and I am an engineer and designer and IT, by trade.........its a hell of a lot of planning,I got headaches !
Younger I did grow many times outside.......(1970s/80s) water was good, air was good, sun was good, seeds were good, not so many thieves........and by far not so many variables by the goverment.
Basically, profits LOOK very promising, but I really think..........a lot will be called, but only a few will be elected !
The best of luck !
be careful !, specially if it is for your older days !

1 Like

Back when I used to grow, I stumbled upon some strains claiming to be able to grow outdoors in Alaska and Canada, they were derived on ruderalis, so not very much yield, but they'll always bloom even if you get a bad summer. I have no idea if this is profitable for you, but one could always use some outdoors' for ice, oil or hash.

Piece of advice: look at the real situation in Holland after decades of legal cannabis before you make the decision to get into the weed business!
The drugs industry, whether chemical pharmaceutical real medicinal drugs or medicinal weed, is not governed by the government. Entire continents are under the control of the pharmaceutical mafia. For the weed industry in the US, that means you have to know the right people, loan money from the right people at the right interest rates, employ the right people for security and transportation, get your certification and quality control done by the right people, even buy your software from the right people.
"Legal weed" is a fantasy, a corporate lie, in the same category as "gambling paradise". Compare it to the situation in the Netherlands, where weed is legal. If you want to grow and sell weed legally, there is a lot of hurdles to jump through, and every one of them costs hands full of money. You have to please law enforcement, please local government, please federal administration, etc... and in the end, you have to sell expensive and will struggle to survive. At least the illegal weed industry in the Netherlands only has to worry about the Hells Angels and the Satudarah. So the illegal weed industry is much bigger than the legal one, but by legalizing possession and consumption, and because you can't tell legal from illegal weed once it's in circulation, the illegal weed business has expanded exponentially, whereas there are less legal coffee shops now than there were in the 70's. The problem has become so big, that there is still market headroom, in that certain terrorist organizations are very active in the weed industry, and that the weed industry in the west is one of the major sources of income for those terrorist organizations.
They can always stay under the price of any legal weed organization, and law enforcement makes more from illegal weed business than from legal, so there you go... the only thing you do when you're investing your time and money into the development of a legal weed business, is first make the rich richer, then get squeezed out of business by illegal weed dealers. The decades of experience in Holland, despite all elaborate projects and many billions of tax money that was poured into the "legal weed" project there, show that you can't win by legalizing drugs. Besides that, the need for cannabis in Holland is so enormous, that there is a lot of trafficking going on, with every weekend huge car chases at crazy speeds in wrong directions on major roads in Belgium, France and Germany. There is a whole generation of immigrants of Arabic descent that lives off of the illegal weed trade. Their family abroad grows weed for free because of the climate in Northern Africa and the Middle-East, they don't have the cost of heating, they barely have a labour cost. In cities near Holland, they do streetraces with their BMW's and Mercs and Audis at night, with total disregard of life, and while stoned as a parrot. In Germany, a country traditionally in favour of fast cars, there has been a necessity to make special border patrols, special anti-streetracing patrols, etc... to protect the public from these drug dealers. They can't be caught for drug dealing in Germany, because they go over to Holland to deal, but they don't want to live in Holland because cars are too expensive there and they can get in trouble with the Hells Angels or the Satudarah, both of which are most heavily repressed in Germany. Only recently, the leader of the Hells Angels in Germany was executed because he was supporting the weed industry a bit too much, and that was frowned upon by the other 1%-ers... go figure what kind of a business it is if 1%-ers frown upon it...
Whatever ideals and arguments, fact is that even a legal pharmaceutical industry on a global scale can't do business without serious foul play that gets a lot of people hurt or killed. In the psychogenic drugs industry, whether that is now called medical or not, this is even worse, because everyone wants a piece of the action. Microsoft for instance has never made software for the pharma industry, but now that cannabis is legal in some states in the US, they're in the drugs software business all of a sudden...
Obama was a weak president, a lot of things shouldn't have happened, and will take decades and obscene amounts of money and time to fix. Don't risk your livelihood or your life with pixie dust from the Obama era...

1 Like

Reality check !!!!!!!!!! wish you were wrong, but ARE NOT ! (NO LOL)

super small output, barely the tenth of other crops !

Sad but true, you can't beat the status quo of the corporate run establishment. The DEA is always banning new drugs in the US if it can cure illnesses or alleviate the lives of people for much cheaper than what the pharmaceutical industry offer (which are usually more addictive and dangerous than the drugs they're banning). It maybe legal in most states now but it's still a Schedule 1 drug ban under the Federal level, and with Trump at the Executive branch and the Congress being dominated by Republicans and Conservatives, this is a temporary win.

edit: One hope maybe is that Republicans tend to side with the states, so if they want 8yrs in the office they'll listen to the states and take Marijuana off the Schedule 1 ban. Highly unlikely because they also tend to be in bed with religion, and their constituents are very religious. Also, tobacco/alcohol companies, and NRA. Democrats aren't the only party that's corporate bought.

Hey ! Maybe on a small scale and with very specific products, perhaps mainly medical ?
Like a local bakery, more or less.......
By the way, the town name is a definite BIG PLUS ! something to do with this.

I had a friend in the Marines that got out and started a pot shop in Washington. He is going to school for horticulture and said starting the shop was way harder then he thought. He said you can't just grow weed. You need to know the ends and outs to every type and the ideal environment for each. He started it with 3 other people and they each work 10 hours everyday. I think if you could learn how to automate the process you could have a way easier time then he did