So, my friend is building a PC, and is using a few points from the build I'm working on, and all of the info I've gathered. He does not have a profile here, so I thought I'd help him out to hear what you guys say~ He has been using Nvidia for a long time, so he's rather used to it, so that's what is causing the stress of choosing a different type, or to stick with familiar territory. Here's some info to help though!
- For starters, the build is gonna have an AMD CPU, most likely a 6 or 8 core, whatever he decides, but probably the 8 core
- He is not using it for SLI
- He is not planning on Overclocking it
- I told him he can use the CPU for Physx, but he is aware Nvidia has it there normally, without having to use the CPU. He does want this for sure, though, either way
- He is using 2 monitors. He plans on using one to game on, while the other smaller monitor will be used for stuff like internet, videos, skype, and the like while he's gaming. I asked, and he said he won't be using 2 monitors for the same game, only his larger monitor
- Prices are only going to vary by $15 or so between the two types of cards, based on where he's getting the cards. He doesn't plan on getting a card online, and would prefer in store (but can price match a bit with the online card prices)
He's also worried about drivers, benchmarks, and noise/temps. I told him that it is based around card types, and he is choosing between EVGA, Asus or MSI most likely. Thanks in advance for the help!~