To buy or not to buy? 7x samsung ecogreen f2 (smart data included)

So I am having some trouble to decide if this is a good deal or not. I am able to buy 7x samsung ecogreen f2eg 1.5 TB for € 115,- total. (spec sheet)

These disks were used in a synology nas and although they don't have any reallocated sectors they do have some mileage on them. Below a SMART report which is pretty similar for all disks.

If I buy these disks, they will be used for storing large files which are non-essential in a software raid. I don't care if these disks die 1 by 1 over time, but I don't feel like spending that money and losing them all within a month.

I have tried googling lifespan estimates and other smart reports for this type of drive, but without any luck.

How near-death are these disks?
Would you go for it?

Everything looks pretty good but, really its up to your level of risk tolerance. That's a pretty good deal tho, so really comes down to the lose vs reward if you buy them and they all last you a good long while depending on your use case great you shrewd shopper you. If you buy them and say half/all of them fail then that's sort of the risk you take when buying used hard drives specifically. I'm not sure what those are worth brand new but that is a deep discount for seven hard drives. At that price honestly so long as none of them were making any weird noises or causing issues while running I'd pull the trigger and grab them but, that's just my opinion.

I will make sure to give them a good inspection before adding them to my system.
The spin up time and the ecc errors are what worry me the most. As I see it they are the first real indicators of degradation, the other high smart values just show it has been used a long time. Does this make any sense?

Yeah it does generally I look at read error rate and reallocated sector counts on drives that I buy used but, spin up time is probably a good indicator to but, none of those tell you anything about the arm and that could go bad the dreaded click of death. xD But even if its just the one that's bad its still a good deal and as you said you were going to use it for non-essential back ups so really the only thing you have to lose is money in my eyes. But that's just my two cents.

I think I will pull the trigger then, cheers! Worst case scenario I have some expensive paper weights.

personally, spin up time here seems to be the only concern here along with temperatures maybe. everything else looks decent enough. but i'm guessing you can control that too. the other thing is that both risk and reward are high so it's win all or lose all. it would have been nice if you could have tried out one of those for a while and then decided if the others were worth your money but i don't that's an option here.

See previous meme for rebuttal. :joy:

Picking them up on monday, so expect an angry post in this topic by friday.

Hmm 50,000 hours though. Thats nearly 6 years straight. I wonder if that is related to the spin-up time? I.e. motor getting tired.
At least they have been on for long stretches of time. If you keep operating them the same way, should be ok.

In saying that, I have never ran a drive to death, i.e. that hasn't died or just become too small.