To anyone gaming on a TCL Roku TV

Hey all, I got something very interesting for you to look at.

I was trying to get the best picture out of my TCL tv with my old school consoles. And I suddenly noticed even with Game Mode on, there was lag. I have this compared to a CRT displaying the same game from my SNES via a Composite AV SWITCH.

While you have a game playing, if you press the * key and then go to Volume Mode, and you shut that off as well, it shaves off even MORE lag.

I’ve got it to be within to me is almost less than a milisecond off from the input delay of my CRT TV.

With Volume mode set to anything other than off, you will get almost a half a second or less of delay from when you pressed, and when you see and hear your tv respond.

Now i’m using an Emerson 27 inch TV for comparison through composite. And I’m going to my TCL Tv through composite as well cause it’s all I can afford. But I’ll be damned if this didn’t fix all the lag I though i felt playing on my TCL Roku tv.

So a helpful tip!

Also might help to see if any audio processing stuff on other Modern TV’s do this!

1 Like

I have not tried it… but it is hooked up to my pc. I am guessing 4k 30 which makes it a no go for gaming centric stuff. Might try a 4k movie or something ? I would have to go over the specs to be sure but I do not think it is a 60. Also hdmi port and no DP ports that I have seen.