Titan X for 1080p?

Just move your monitor slightly farther away. Or wait for the 300 series, titan X price should drop anyways.

Titan X for just 1080 would be overkill. I'd recommend a 980, as it's cheaper, and could also do 1440p if you wanted to eventually.

its not overkill. New games will come out ... + he will buy new monitor sooner or later.

That isn't over kill, this is overkill - r9-290 for 1366x768 - that's what my brother is gaming with lol.

just wait for witcher 3 :) i think even 768p won't be enough for 60fps on ultra.

True, He was using my old GTX 560 - but now that's now a minimum requirement :P

Well, if you're planning to max out pass 4gb vram,sure. GTAV at 1080p with all the settings turn up, advance settings included, well go pass 4gb and slaughters my R9 290x.

Same here my 980 drops to 30fps when doing that, mean while it can run Crysis maxed with 16x AA @ smooth 60fps.

1 Like

Why are you "not ready to move past 1080p yet ?

Higher resolutions give you the same thing anti-aliasing does.

So I don't know, why buy a titan x when you can spend the money on a better monitor ?

You could spend

$500 on better monitor

$600 or $700 on a 980Ti or 390x when they come out.

Doesn't it sound like a better plan ?

i totaly agree with that ☺

Titan X for 1080p does not make any sense to me.

Thank you all for the input, I will continue to sit on this before I make a decision.

ETA on AMD's 390x series is early to mid June launch, rumors point towards computex expo (2nd June) being a semi official launch event or unveiling. Considering how much money you seem to be willing to spend I think you should keep your options open and wait.

Wait until then unless you are desperate for an upgrade, either team green or team red's flagship GPU's would still be an overpowered 1080p pixel rendering demon.

I am not upgrading till I see the 980 Ti, if it has 6 GB of RAM or more, I will go for it.

that might be not a bad idea,
i suppose that the 980Ti, will be a GM200 chip with some disabled units and 6GB of vram.

Well after a couple pint of home brew sometimes the key strokes can get a little wacky on old Jim Jim.

A Titan X would be somewhat overkill. If I were you I'd go with a 980, and upgrade your monitor sooner than later :)

Why? I often use two 980s at 1600x1200 and they struggle to max things out at 192FPS.

1 Like