Thunderbolt 3 docking station ThinkPad P53 no display output

Hi,

At work I have gotten a nice setup with a Lenovo P53 and a Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock gen 2. However, I have problems getting the video output working on external monitors using display port. The dock and the external displays has been tested with a differet computer where it works just fine. My suspicion is that it is driver related issue, so I have been installing the newest driver for the dock, but that didn’t fix the issue.

Has anyone else had similar problems or suggestions to trouble shooting the problem? I’ve been using linux for many years so my windows knowledge is perhaps lacking a bit…

Thank you for the help in advance!

Is it the original thunderbolt cable or a cheap usb-c cable?

It is indeed the original thunderbolt and combined power cable that came with the docking station.

Ok. Is the rest of the dock functional with the laptop? Or do you get network, mouse etc? And does it charge?

If yes then it may be a display settings issue (trying to exceed the max resolution of the dock). If no then it seems more like a driver issue.

Does the 2nd display show up at all in the display settings menu?

Thanks for help trouble shooting… In the end a guy from lenovo came and looked at it. Apparently the thunderbolt part was broken, so he replaced the motherbord which fixed it :confused:

Nice to have a service contract!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.