Three screened laptop

So, long after watching razer’s project Valerie, and also the Kickstarter slidenjoy, I can’t seem to go a day without thinking, “if a laptop like Valerie was out there, I’d buy it in a heart beat”.

I’m really stuck on this, I want three screen productivity without a janky work around. I suppose slidenjoy would have to suffice, but typical Kickstarter who knows when they will really deliver and at what qaulity level.

Anyone else frothing at the mouth at leaving desktop anchor points behind and having a laptop be your “do it all, anywhere”?

My heart goes to people that need -not want- a laptop over a desktop computer.

1 Like

At home I find setting time to be in the office to use the desktop doesn’t happen (Netflix and literal chill in living room). I had the desktop in the living room for a while but that got shot down over asthetics. And then for work it sucks to travel and still need to work on dev. I’m tempted to buy the portable monitors and clip them to the side of the laptop.

With AMD in the laptop cpu game offering 8 cores and decent mobile graphics, and my processing not local to the machine but on VMs at home or work, I could totally transition to a laptop only life if the screens could catch up.

Hell some people are super productive on Chromebooks now, most all the work is virtualized, just need that screen realestate option.

Augmented reality is going to be interesting in this case as well.

1 Like

Hooked up the ole’ Ubuntu T420 to the desktop’s 43" 4k, I really don’t need the desktop as the labbing isn’t type 2 hypervisor anymore, it’s mostly on my esxi box. Until gpu prices go down, there isnt much application for my desktop- ha by that time there will be laptops with 1080 performance

And by then a 1080 will seem ancient and inadequate for modern gaming :joy:

1 Like

touche