Threadripper Reset fix? - Arch

EDIT: I have got it to work running the Latest bios, compiled the kernel with CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_SP_PSP=n and got amd_kvm to work, this is the list of commands if anyone here is a bit of a noob like me and just wants to get it working

mkdir build
cd build
sudo pacman -S asp
asp update linux
asp checkout linux
cd linux/repos/core-x86_64
nano PKGBUILD (added make menuconfig in prepare)
sudo pacman -S pacman-contrib
updpkgsums
makepkg -s
sudo pacman -U (headers file)
sudo pacman -U (linux file)
reboot

Original post:

I have a Threadripper 1950x on a MSI Gaming Carbon AC x399 Board, running the December 2017 BIOS because any higher and AGESA update causes udev hangs and amd_kvm to not function. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/96w192/bugs_agesa_1004c_and_linux_udev/)

I have a 1080 Ti I want to pass through, in the 2nd 16x slot (it was a tough fit with a mid tower case) but now having everything set up, I’ve run into the reset problem “Unknown PCI header type 127”.

I found the guide on how to patch it in kernel for fedora, but I’m running arch, and can’t seem to get it to work, the last kernel build attempt ended in it not booting, and having to reinstall.

If you know the fix or if building the kernel is the fix, if you can help me build the kernel, people have said to build the kernel with “CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_SP_PSP=n” and (again) I did try and do that, but couldn’t get the system to boot with that kernel and ended up breaking the install.

I think this is the right category, let me know if it’s