Threadripper 32 core with thunderbolt 3

So it turns out this may be dch driver related or not. I am posting a how-to in the how-to section with what I’ve learned.the dch drivers are turds presently even on the Intel platform .

Reinstalling windows as a last resort probably works.

1 Like

I had the same problem. It’s because of the firmware (NVM43). Sadly Icouldn’t find a software-firmware-file arround. So I sent the gc-titan-ridge to a kind hackintosh fellow, who transfered the old V23 Firmware via EEPROM Flash. Now averything is working fine after the usual warmboot.

Crossposting this, it looks to me that the pic in the other thread is actually shorting pins 1 and 3. There is an arrow on the other side of the connector pointing to pin 1. Hoping for clarity before I try this!

Heya. Found this thread while searching for x570 mobos with thunderbolt headers. Does the shorting of the gc-titan-ridge card work with any board? (trx40, x570, or otherwise)

How i can use Cg titan bridge in x399 designare , bios not support thunderbolt and i install titan in pci express x 4 and motherbord does not recognize it

Mostly yes? But no hotppug.

2 Likes

Need to install card in Intel system and make sure flash is up to date. Then swap over to other system

1 Like

Can be install in any Intel motherboard or it has to be in one of the compatible list ?

ideally one with a tb header but I got the install software to upgrade the flash on a haswell system so ymmv

2 Likes

sorry for so many questions but all this thunderbolt is to connect a thunderbolt display monitor.
anyone know how i can do it without the gc titan i don’t think there is a thunderbolt 2 connector to hdmi or displayport. sorry for my english

I think with the dp passthrough that works with just power to the card?

could you show me some?

with a thunderbolt dock would it work?