Threadripper 3000 not for 2019

threadripper is for quite strange setup where you benefit from a lot of cores/core clocks/ram clocks

With desktop cores increasing I feel like HEDT is becoming a PCIe niche.

yeah and maybe if you need the 4 channel memory ( was it 4 channel or 8 cant remember ).

Don’t forget the cloud. A lot of businesses are “outsourcing” their high-end computing and processing to service providers.

2 Likes

I live and breathe the cloud m8.

2 Likes

Samzies :joy:

1 Like

4 Channel. I am waiting for TR4 3K too. As I am on X99 right now. I couldn’t justify Ryzen 1 or 2 simply because it would have been a downgrade in my case.

2 Likes

Four for TR, eight on EPYC.

2 Likes

Maybe the original plan was TR3 to be released this year but the EPYC deals being announced and/or worked on is steering production towards EPYC vs TR3.

1 Like

Honestly AMD probably figures that Threadripper 1000’s and 2000’s is plenty for most users and they can just sell on EPYC if a user somehow needs more than 32 strong Cores like the TR 2990WX or needs quad-channel memory that is.

As many times as Intel refreshes Skylake?

This thread is about AMD

2 Likes

Problem is if we only see 10% gains per generation that there won’t be much reason to upgrade at all until 6 Years Later.

Ah

Yes

6 months

So out of fashion.

Legit the stupidest thing I hear about anything that anyone buys new will be old in a week. If they’re holding back a bit to make it better, big whoop.

Last I checked no one was desparate to spend as much money as possible on a pc.

1 Like

I am as long as all the things are RGB’d.

No kidding, I was being facetious.

Facetious or Facetious++?

Facetious+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Squared.

So was I :wink:

Whoever decided workstation meant gamer I want them strangled to death via their own genitals.

1 Like