[Thread game] L1TOCC - The Level1Techs Obfuscated Code Contest

My ASM was written on a 32 bit centos server.
as for your code, I'm at a lose, I was able to manually run through a few test cases but i still don't know what it does. Any hints lol (it seems, rather familiar, the pattern of data that is, maybe i'm just over-complicating it).
Though since it was manual there could be errors.

TIS-100 is an amazing game btw, put way to many hours into it.

It is doing a relatively simple computation. Nothing mind blowing.
The obfuscation comes from me not being an ASM programmer, trying to manage multiple cores, and making a program that is too big for one core fit over multiple cores.

So i guess if you remove all those complications, it might become clear?

More clues in the picture of course.

Hmmm... I know I'm missing something lol, I'll give it a whirl tonight when I get home, maybe I'm just missing things because I've been on meds for a good few days.
:D

Edit: actually, I'll figure it out tomorrow lol, so tired

I will already say that I lose as I have no clue what the hell obfuscated code is so I won't be able to write any or program any or whatever you do. : S LOL!

hehe yeah obfuscated code is just code that is deliberately written in such a way that it is hard to read and understand. People really get into it! Do a google search and see the works of art that people create that are actually programs.

1 Like

Goddamnit I know what this does because I just solved the same puzzle myself in the game!
I ran yours to compare to mine, anyway. Mine used less cycles and instructions ;p

Nicely done! I get a bit jaded after long runs in TIS-100 and end up brute forcing solutions. Rather than relying on sparks on inspiration.

Well for what it's worth, all it does is divide IN.A by IN.B, outputting the quotient to OUT.Q and the remainder to OUT.R. This relies on IN.A > IN.B, which is the case in the input data.

So how do you divide something without a divide instruction? I subtracted the smaller one from the bigger one as many times as i could, andwas left with the remainder.

I forgot about this, this was my solution anyways:

1 Like