Thoughts on Skullcandy Crushers?

I haven't had a single problem with their warrantee system.  If you people would respect your headphones and use them with care, then maybe they wouldn't break!

I have only done 2 warranty replacements for headphones from Skullcandy in the past.  My dad has never had to return any Skullcandies due to breakage, because he treats the headphones with care and respect, as do I.  He owns about six different products from Skullcandy.

But do they have anything like the Sensation55 driver?

I can respect your point there.  Overpriced for the quality, but still okay headphones.  I could see paying $50 or even $40 for them.  I payed $60 at Best Buy with a discount coupon.

I totally agree with everything you said.  The Sensation55 drivers drown out the Rex driver often, therefor killing the quality when the bass is turned all the way up.

I don't think their audio quality is as bad as Beats, but I do agree that they are definitely all show and very little go.  I say "very little go" because they are fun to use for a bunch of song genres, and gaming with them is freaking cool. but still way too overpriced for what they are.  ;-)

I still don't understand how people keep breaking them without brute force.  Like I've been saying, I haven't broken any headphones with general use, be it Skullcandy or some other brand.  I respect your experience and opinion though!  :-)

A good alternative would be the sennhieser HD429, HD439, and HD449 with the bass modification it is very easy to do and does give a lot of bass.  I did it with my HD428s.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/senheiser-hd-429-bass-mod-repost-and-redo

Now this is something I didn't expect to be brought up here - The Crushers

Now as far as sound quality is concerned, I can agree Skullcandy isn't the best, if anything they're equal to the Beats as far as I heard, but the highs isn't as harsh as the Beats and not as expensive ($200 for the Mix Masters vs $500 for the Beats Pros).

And for the Crushers themselves, I tried them myself. They can get extremely bass-heavy, maybe so heavy that it does destroy some of the clarity from the mids and highs, but they ain't too bad. I'd say you made a good purchase.

Some of us here are audiophiles, and they swear against Skullcandy and Beats, but I will say this - your best review is your own review - try before you buy. I have tested Skullcandy and they make come fun-ass cans. I have the Hesh 2s and they rock, and sound quality is a bit of a step up from my last pair of headphones, but I will say the bass sound is akin to something I heard in a pair of Sony ZX300s I once owned, but this time with better tone.

To the person who got the crushers - as long as you like them, they're good in your eyes.

/ramble

Thanks for all your input.  I agree, sometimes they get too bass heavy, but that's why they have the bass slider on the left cup.  :D