Thoughts about FX 8320 / 8350

So this is what has been on my mind lately,I've been thinking about buying the fx 8320 since it's about 90$ cheaper than the 8350. ( Yes , The 8320 is 90$ cheaper than 8350 in my country since it's 20% off this week ) Get a good cooler and and OC to 4.0ghz. Now I'm concerned about a thing,I just feel that buying the 8320 and OC it to 4.0 ghz will just not be the same and won't perform as good as the 8350. I'll need the CPU for both gaming and rendering etc and I'm a little...worried to say so. But then again it's 90$ cheaper so I guess this is the way I should go. What are your thoughts? And if I will go for the 8320 ( which I'm pretty sure this is going to happen ) could someone tell me some good stable settings for 4.0 ghz OC?I'm kinda new when it comes to OCing,I wasn't going to OC the 8350 ( for now ) but since I'm most likely going to get the 8320 I have to do it.

8320, 8350, and the 9*** processors are all the same die, only thing that is different is the clock speed. 9970 or whatever it is, is the highest binned one. Where as 8320 is the lowest binned. This does not mean that it won't reach 4.3Ghz on air though.

It will be easy to get the 200Mhz OC to bring the 8320 upto an 8350. Even with the stock cooler you can get another 100Mhz out of the 8320. So get a decent air cooler (My knowledge is lacking in this area, so someone else will need to help you here) and you're set to even go up to 4.2-4.3Ghz.

The 8320 is just a lower binned 8350 with a lower stock clock, if you get it stable to 4.0 itll perform the same. Many 8320s do around 4.5 though, it depends on how lucky you are. 4.0 shouldnt be too hard with a 212 or something.

I'm buying the cooler master hyper 212,I just want to reach 4.0 ghz stable and I'm happy enough,I don't want to push it too hard for now. Thank you a lot for the fast replies

I am useing a FX8320 4Ghz is easy even with a hyper 212 you will be able to do 4.5Ghz providing you have a motherboard with a good power phase.

The FX8320 has a 4Ghz turbo speed you can just enable turbo  and disable power saveing in the bios and get 4Ghz without even haveing to overclock.

I'll just post the full specs of what I ordered

Gigabyte 7870 2GB Windforce 3X

8GB HyperX Beast @ 1866

Gigabyte GA-970A DS3

If you intent to OC, then go for the 990/990FX chipset. Motherboards with this chipset also tend to have a much better power phase.

That mobo is not good for a 8 core cpu or overclocking it has only a 4pin cpu power a 4+1 power phase and the mosferts do not have any heat shielding it will over heat real fast with a 8 core cpu in there with a tower cooler and a hot  HD7870.

And you will need to update the bios on it to use FX cpu's 

Yeah I saw that and canceled the 970A order,gonna get another mobo

You can also get a ga970-ud3 (not that expensive): 8+2 power phase and 2 4pins should power the 8320 just as well as any high end 990fx mobo.

No dont go for the gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 this board has the same overheating northbridge and vrm problems as his brother, the 990FXA-ud3.

If you want a decent motherboard for overclocking a FX8320/8350, i would say the Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 with 6+2 powerphase and digi vrm, or if you can afford the Asus sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with 8+2 powerphase and digi vrm. But i think the M5A99FX pro R2.0 will be the one to look at.

grtz Angel ☺

Well the system is getting close to ~1000$ I'm considering this as a mobo. Asus - M5A97 LE AM3+

I'm still looking for motherboards,I just wanna get what's best for the $ , let's say 150$ tops.

Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard 

Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

The M5A97 LE AM3+ again has no heat shielding for its power phase and has a 4+2 power phase not something you what a 8core cpu on or to overclock with,

I've got a good friend that is using the exact same mobo and the 8350 for some months now without a problem,mhm

I know these particular boards are crap, but I DID manage a 5GHHz OC on my 8150 with 4 cores disabled on my 970 ud3. :P.

I'm not STOKED about my OC with my 990fxa-UD3 rev 1.1 (4.7ghz @ 1.488v - 100% load) but it is 100% stable. I haven't run into VRM overheating issues, although I do have an obscene amount of cooling in my case. 

Another forum member is using the rev 3.0 I think? And he seems to have good results with his OC. I do know though that I'll be trying another vendor for my next mobo... ANGEL! What are your thoughts? Should I get new mobo NOW? Do you think new AMD mobo's might be coming soonish?

well seems you are very lucky with your current board, alot of people having problems with this particular board. as far as ive readed about, But yeah as long as your boards works fine there is no need to get a new one. 4.7GHZ stable is a nice number.

I don´t know if there are comming new amd boards out soon.. im doubting, and thats a bit sad because vishera is pci-e 3.0 ready only the chipset isn´t..

Sigh if you must go with a low end mobo for a 8 core cpu at least get the M5A97 R2 (none LE vershon)

The none LE vershon has a heatsink for the power phase it has a usb 3.0 header and a 8 pin cpu power socket all these things the LE vershon dosent have.

M5A97 LE R2

M5A97 R2

Yah, I know 4.7 is nice, but 5 would be NICER XD

I have been thinking the same thing about the MOBOS though, where is pci-3??? :-(

Thanks for the tips angel! cheers!