Those damned Google iPhones

This is… hilariously painful. Again, these are the folks who are making policy decisions.

[quote]Today’s congressional hearing on Google and tech privacy provided yet another opportunity for America’s elected representatives to prove how little they know about the businesses they would like to regulate.

Rep. Steve King (R–Iowa) did not disappoint. He related an anecdote involving his 7-year-old granddaughter, who was playing with an iPhone when an image of King accompanied by crude language appeared on the screen. “How does that show up on a 7-year-old’s iPhone who’s playing a kid’s game?”

Google CEO Sundar Pichai, who had been summoned to Capitol Hill to testify before the House Judiciary Committee, matter-of-factly answered, “Congressman, iPhone is made by a different company.”

King then attempted to save face by suggesting, “maybe it was an Android.”
[/quote]

Apparently it was 3 hours of this level of shit, one side says you guys are for the other side, other side says you are a great company and Americans are let down by its policy makers. Everyone goes away disappointed, ain’t life grand?

5 Likes

what is the goal of this thread?

this seems like a run of the mill “politics with just enough tech coating it to not get immediately flagged thead”

2 Likes

It is tech cringe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Making fun of Congress critters for not being able to tell the difference between iPhone and Google? Further proof how awful our policy makers are? I mean… the only time party is shown in the post is who the moron is who can’t tell the difference between iPhone and Google.

I thought it was funny as shit but I’m a sick bastard… if you want to shitcan its not like I can do shit about it.

1 Like

I can get behind that, carry on.

4 Likes

If only this were the worst thing Rep. King had done.

So glad I don’t live in Iowa anymore.

1 Like

He just went full retard.

Wow. There are so many thing wrong with this.

7yo with an iPhone…
Him bit realising you can exit apps…
Calling iPhone a Google product when knowing the difference…
Galling a Google Exec in for questioning over his own fuck up…

That last one is that abuse of power? Akin in my mind to summoning bill gates over adobe not being available on Linux.

I would pay money to watch that, with popcorn!

1 Like

Those damn dumbphones. World could go on without them.

World could go on without Google’s … monetarty injection into Mozilla’s Firefox OS and glueing their data tracking shit into it. I hate a lot of things Google does. They keep Mozilla down, and then Mozilaa just makes themselves look like morons. Mozilla is no more.

Necropost|nullxnull

3 Likes