This Might Be A Dumb Question But

Ok, so ive been out of the computer loop for years now since console gaming was A LOT cheaper when i was a kid and dreamed of computers i can have. But like it says this might be a dumb question so please dont bash me for it. If you use a AMD CPU like the new AMD FX 8150 or the 6100 do you have to use a AMD graphics card or can you use a Nvidia graphics card? like i said sounds dumb i know but i am serious because you never know like how you cant play xbox games on ps3 and vice versa and maybe AMD CPU's for some reason wont work with like the GTX 670 or higher. 

yes.

Any modern cpu will work with any modern gpu.

Thank you, i greatly apreciate it since it put me at a block with figuring out what parts to order for my rig

wait, the 8350 is the new one, not the 8150

it was a example of a hypothetical AMD CPU

just making sure you know which is which....

I do, but im not getting the 8350, when i asked inbox he said it was better for rendering than gaming so ill probably try the 8320 or wait a little longer to see what people say about either of the CPU's.

umm... the 8350 is just a higher clocked 8320, there's no other difference, other than price

Well this is why i ask things so i can learn lol

Most of the time you just look at what the component uses and what your motherboard has, to know if it will work or not. Latest graphics cards use PCI-E 3.0. So if your motherboard has a PCI-E 3.0 slot then it will work. Also don't forget that we also know that PCI-E 3.0 is backwards compatible with PCI-E 2.x and 1.x, so you then know that any graphics card that uses PCI-E 3.0 will work on any motherboard with a PCI-E 1.x, 2.x, 3.0 slot. Additionally, almost every modern graphics card that I'm aware of will use all 16 lanes of bandwidth available, it is not a requirement that you need a x16 slot for a x16 card, you can run a x16 card on a slot with less lanes, you'll just become more bandwidth limited the less lanes you have.

Here's a neat little table that shows the bandwidth per lane and per x16 slot for each generation of PCI-E.

well, better to ask and learn than to buy and find out.....

Thank you Rh00D that cleared a lot up.

@Commissar - thats why im asking things now before i order my parts.