This is all AMD's fault

Please give me a date or a very close time frame, PLEASE!!! LOL

You heard the man!

[lol]

Time frame that I've heard for the 390x is somewhere around start of June.

rumor R9 390X will be the 24th of June
http://wccftech.com/amd-fiji-r9-390x-skipping-computex-debut-e3-separate-event/

I heard some time in June, too. Still, I'd rather hear a definite word from Logan. Perhaps he knows a bit more? lol

You could try and flash it with another vbios.

I had a similar issue with my 7970 months ago, and I don't remember what I did to fix it. I eventually sold that for a 290.

I too cannot wait for the 390x.

Alright, here's a picture of both of them side by side. A few of the caps have different alphanumeric digits. I'm not sure if they're exactly the same, so I won't try a transplant...

On the plus side, the caps all look fine on the 7970.

95% sure all those caps have the same voltage rating, which is the most important, capacity can vary slightly without much issue.

Though I feel like modern caps are so good they don't tend to die often, especially under lower operating temps like people running the gpu water cooled.

Also, when baking don't use a heat gun, remove all plastic from the gpu and bake it in the oven.

That managed to bring back my 8800 gtx that died in 2012, it wasn't my main card so it didn't really matter, tried it and it worked,(though all the silkscreen and white stuff turned a shade of brown)

My PC looks so sad now.. :(

AMD, This is your fault for taking your sweet time... :(

God bless your soul, enjoy the move over to Nvidia, you will not be disappointed.

Why blame AMD, if the PCB is made by Msi?

I have both Nvidia and AMD. Although, I only have one Nvidia card -- A GTX 670. There's no move happening here.

Plus, I was joking about buying a Titan X...

As I mentioned before. It's their fault because they've taken this long. lol

If it had been released already, I wouldn't be stuck with dead graphics cards.

like @Logan said, 390X soon lol

1 Like

Aw okay, you know how things are these days... Some people drop $4K+ on graphics cards.

I know.. My friend bought his first Titan X a couple weeks ago. He has it paired up with an i7 4790k, and an MSI z97 Gaming 5. He then told me last week that he plans on going 3 way SLI next year with THREE Titan X's........ On his current setup... I'm not going to even say anything, and let him find out for himself.....

lol thats not even going to work haha

1 Like

Jesus christ, he has way too much money. I guess he's a cool friend to have ;)

I guess.. He can be a bit of a show off. His PC is the first one that he's built.

I bought an Air 240, so he bought an Air 540... I bought an mATX motherboard, so he bought an ATX motherboard... Cause you know... Bigger is better right? LOL

1 Like

Are they short? They're probably compensating for something like that. It's called "small man syndrome".