This a balanced Skylake build?

Hi i'm going to build a Skylake System but not until next month feel free to leave any recommendations.
It's going to be for gaming, and multipurpose. (Office, Youtube, movies, Netflix, Surfing PCMR/teksyndicate)
Games include: (League of legends, Battlefield 4, Star wars battlefront, Planetside 2, Fallout 4, CS GO )

The goal is 75 fps + at 1080p at high to maxed out settings

Parts list:

i5-6600k + H60 liquid cooler

z170-A Asus

R9 285 2GB - already owned

Samsung 850 Evo

16 GB DDr4 ram (any good brand)

1 TB HDD

750w EVGA G2 power supply

Fractal Define R5 windowed - already owned

looks pretty sollid to me.
750W would be a bit overkill, The EVGA 650W G2 psu would be more then enough for a setup like this.
Unless you have planes for a crossfire or sli setup in the future?

P.S the R9-285 is probably not powerfull enough to run the latest games at 75fps on 1080p max settings.
You realy need a better gpu for that.

What's yer budget?

More importantly what was your previous system? Or did you just get a good deal on the 285?

Really close to the system I'm putting together. Same mobo+cpu, same SSD, I also have a 750w psu(Corsair RMi series), and I bought 2x8 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400. The only "major" difference is I'm running a Sapphire 390 Nitro. You'll be cruising through 1080p max settings with very little issues on those titles. Fallout 4 and Battlefront will be a bit of an issue, I'd say you'll have to turn those down slightly.

Oddly the Z170-AR mobo doesn't show support for 2400 on the box, but it does.

The 750w version is only $5 more expensive at where I shop, live (NCIX Canada)

Okay makes sense then.

Also my last edit:

But in some of the games you have listed you will probably be allright.

My budget somewhere around $1000 ish? Canadian dollars. I got the r9 r285 from the linus tech tips garage sale thingy for $150. It was the gigabyte wind force.

Also dont waste your time and money on highspeed DDR4 memory its not worth it for a gaming rig.
2133mhz or 2400mhz is all you realy need.

yeah of course, i'm trying to look for the most reasonable like the Kingston Hyper x 2133 or G skill 5 series 2400

well your build looks sollid to me like i said above.
your part choice is decent.

And according to the 285, well just trow it in, and looks how it performs.
You can allways upgrade the gpu to a more highend one lateron if needed.

Oh nice let me know how it goes, i'm going to hold out for a GPU purchase until Pascal because of life reasons hopefully the performance gains will be massive.

Well you could maybe start here, it's a US build, so it might not be the best bang for your buck

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/yXf9Mp
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/yXf9Mp/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($435.98 @ Newegg Canada)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ DirectCanada)
Motherboard: Asus H170M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($73.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($94.99 @ NCIX)
Power Supply: Rosewill HIVE 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($81.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $723.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-24 03:04 EDT-0400

Yes alright thanks

Wow thanks for the efforts I noticed the conversion to Canadian and was like yeah that seems like the correct price. I will consider cheaper options for the motherboard, and hard drive. But not the case since I already own and i'm very cautious about purchasing power supplies. I don't know if the i7 6700 is better than the i5 6600k at 4.6 ghz overclock at games like planetside or arma 3

nope the locked i7 will not be better for games like ps2, CSgo and such games.
Since these games in particular benefit from high core clocks on just a few cores.
So an overclockable i5 will be more of a benefit.

Also Stay with a Z170 board for overclocking, since H or B series boards dont have overclocking feutures.

Probably not as fast as an OCed i5, but is it really worth it to lose hyperthreading for 1-2 games? It'll still be 40fps+

Not sure on the price difference for CA, here it's 50 bucks over an unlocked i5, so it's surely worth it in just about any build unless you're going for 144fps on a high refresh rate monitor

Old i7 scaling

An i7 does not realy make much sense for topic starter in my honnest opinnion.
for mainaly gaming, and browsing the web, watching video's an i7 is not needed for that.
Also like i said above the games that are listed in OP are realy cpu demending games.

But ofc its just my opinnion. ☺

I would agree. The i7 is overkill and the higher end i5 will do. Nice choice on the motherboard. I love ASrock and ASUS products.

You see the hyperthreading on the i7 will only help you in heavily multithreaded applications. Games still use 3-4 at the max. So the benefit is not really seen. If you turn off hyperthreading and run the game on an i7 you wont see practically any difference.