Things that drive you crazy about the Xbox One / Xbox One S

1. It doesn't have enough internal storage to being with and then even when you add an external hard drive the bloody console needs to use some of the internal storage if you are going to install backwards compatible games.
  2. No matter the controller I have had for Xbox One or Xbox One S it seems they just aren't as good as the the Xbox 360 controllers. The A button seems to stick a little at times no matter what Xbox One or Xbox One S controller I use. Also the analog sticks seem a bit loose.
  3. You can't replace the media drive easily or maybe not at all without sending it to Microsoft. I am not sure on this yet but the point is PC 4 THE WIN on this one.
  4. You can't have a password just for your credit card information stored for your Xbox Live account and whatever. I'd like to password lock that down and not just the overall account.
  5. No list of games you own that are digital that you don't have installed/queued.

That's absurd...

Had to use a console recently

popped in Rare Retro Replay, had to wait like 2 hours for system updates and game downloads as they hadn't touched it since christmas, dunno how many times I told them not to buy it for their kid

ended up just buying a basic APU machine from me and thats all they use now

This isn't something exclusive to the Xbox One but something most(if not all?) consoles share, but just the lack of an open platform(both hardware and software). Consoles limit me in ways I don't want to be limited in, which deters me from owning a console and drives me nuts when I have to deal with one.

This isn't about an Xbox One as I don't have one but when my brother plays on his PS4 the noise it produces is insane, it is too damn loud to the point that me and my brother could both be playing video games on our PCs and together they are still much quieter than a single PS4.

.6. Halo 5 doesn't have couch co-op.

Bought mine for Forza because I missed playing that like I did on the original. Forza 6 is absolute garbage compared to the original. Theres stupid pay to win powerups, the drivatar system is broken, people run you off the course.

Recently went to play Rockband 4. Had to DL 9GB of updates for it. Wanna know what it was for? DLC. DLC I didnt even pay for and dont own, or intend to own, was downloaded incase I buy it. Oh it also allows me to download previously purchased content to my xbox one, of which I have none. A quality update.

Xbox live really gets my jimmies rustled too, they advertise all these free games as a benefit but they are either free games you can already play if you have a PC or they are garbage no one really wants. So basically I'm paying to have a garbage online experience....yeah...I think I'll stick with steam and LoL.

The only thing I use the Xbox for now is to stream Netflix in 5.1DTS.

Few things really piss me off but nextgen consoles really set me to maximum over rustle.

Side note: Anyone interested in a 1TB xbox one with a few games and rockband? Lightly used, nearly new.

I got Forza 6. I have not played since Nov. or early Dec. On one of the reverse Top Gear tracks I was in the top 10 in a Formula E ABT car. I do not know where I am at now tho. I lost the disc. I also was not the most honest driver in the game either. But I was horrible at running people off the track.

My buddy owns one and to be frank i hate the thing.

Its too damn big, (he has the original model), not enough usb ports, and i was hoping Forza would be allright but i haven't been a fan. handling model feels far too lose and floaty to me, and i've tried most all of them out. I'm more of a Gran Turismo fan and have been since i've been ten years old.

and while i'm rambling what the hell happened to racing games? granted more and more are being made sure but most of the new ones coming out tend to have one massive problem that cripples it for me, like need for speed reboot being online only and getting your phone blown up all the time or the fact that burnout hasn't seen a proper release since burnout paradise? smh

I don't own either xbone or xbone S, but I think two lines from Ben Heck's Xbone S laptop video sums up the experience with them pretty well.

"I need to install an app to play CDs?!"
and
"I need to install an app to play Blu-Rays?!"

I have touched on this in The Lounge. The Xbox 360 controllers I have owned always wore out and the sticks are hard and clunky. The sticks would pull to one direction after playing tons of FPS games. The Xbox One controller to me seems more solid.

The system uses an emulator. What you are downloading is the game, IE a ROM so to speak.

Will void your warranty.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xbox+One+Hard+Drive+Replacement/22234

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+One+S+Teardown/65572

Yes there is. Even betas you took part in.

1 Like

I've not really had any issues tbh. Every little inconvenience I've had is really just to be expected with a console. I actually bought an XB1 and turned it into a pretty neat Linux PC (Which is WAY easier to do if you ignore what half of the Internet says because most of it is absolute nonsensical garbage.)

\obligatory

1 Like

I am afraid to click that link. Site is safe?

So when you turned it into a Linux PC I assumed you backed up the Xbox One stuff onto a storage drive? I am just curious how big is the backup and how hard will it be to return the Xbox One to it's original state? Anyway even though I am not going to do this I would be interested to see the instruction set you used to do what you did. If you can link it I would appreciate that.

1 Like

I just watched a Jim Sterling video not long ago that touched on the subject of how idiotic it is we have to install our games on console. Console gaming was supposed to be convenient and you get to play a game coming right out of the box. Oh how things have changed in recent times.

Pretty sure it is. Avast didnt detect anything.

1 Like

The backup (without games) was able to be safely shrunk to just under 7GB and I've tested the restore without bricking the system multiple times. I'd have to write something to link you to in order to do that, but I guess in simplest forms it comes down to a modified AMD driver I got from one of my Debian installs on an old Phenom II. It wasn't too difficult after that. I essentially booted up into the new installation media I patched with the drivers, but this could easily be used on any Ubuntu based system as well. It was more of a copy/paste procedure than actually having to code anything. Anyway, I'll write a clean thread on this when I have time. I cloned the drive for the backup and just clipped the non-existent data following the OS data of the XB1.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I went there and it was clean and had a link right to the MS site and yeah it shows what you have. Thanks so much. : )

1 Like