Thick 120mm AIO or big air cooler?

And like I said, I’m not interested in the 240s, only large 120s

1 Like

Oh yeah, the two things I am unhappy about and they are changing them… I guess there is someone in cooler master that actually listens to what people are saying :grin:

No, it’s ok. It’s me not paying attention…

1 Like

Helps with the price too, the RGB version is still more expensive, despite having weaker fans.

1 Like

But it’s orgebi goys… It’s shiny and colorful…

The second the AIO makes a weird noise I’m ordering an AM4 mounting bracket for my D14. No RGB, no bulshit… It just takes away a quarter of the case and keeps the CPU cool…

1 Like

Wish i had gotten a D14 or D15 last year, they were half the price they are now, but “it was too expensive, not worth it” at the time.
Hell, even the Ninja 5 got some value.

1 Like

Why did you sell your thing? I still don’t get it. Was the money they gave you really that good, so you can get a new cooler and make some profit?
My D14 I got of the used market. Some guy sold me only the cooler. He kept the fans. And the cooler was literally the price of Hyper 212 at the time. So I just got it. People don’t really appreciate how ginormous this thing is. Dual towers are super huge…

1 Like

To sum it up, yes, the cooler has few scratches from testing and all, and the guy paid R$400 to have it today, can’t deny that.
I can even, in fact, get a new one for R$380 if i want, but i’m not feeling it, the cooling capacity is good but the fit and finish is atrocious, i keep cutting myself on the sharp and jagged fins, even Akasa can achieve a better finish than this.
I don’t know if the Fuma is like this as well, i had the first one some years ago and it was so so, had some issues as well.

1 Like

Speaking of Akasa, yes, this exists, shame its yellow…
http://www.akasa.com.tw/search.php?seed=AK-CC4010HP01

It would look a-ok with Scythe fans.

don’t get me wrong, I like scythe but there’s your problem

1 Like

It says right on the name, right? lol

For a 3600X it won’t really matter much.

2 Likes

Even a big dual tower aircooler isn’t really needed.

1 Like

Yeah, it runs cool like this, it runs hotter stock due to the voltage spikes

Yeah those voltage spikes at stock are a bit stupid,
especially on Asus boards.

1 Like

My ASRock tops at 1.45v, its excessive

1 Like

My Ryzen 5 3600 runs cool as a cucumber with a Noctua NH-D15S, Premium Dual-Tower CPU Cooler with NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan (Brown) I added another Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm over the tall ram, I’m thinking of addidng another 120mm in front of my rear fan. When ( If I can snag one at launch) I upgrade to a 5800 X.

1 Like

Yeah it kinda is.
But yeah it’s kinda normal behaviour of how they boost.

I´m personally not a huge fan of an aio.
Because it adds an extra potential point of failure,
in regards to the pump or leaks.
But of course aio’s have improved allot over the years.

1 Like

You don’t want to do that. That fan you will add will fight with the exhaust and there will be turbulence and there may even be noise if not vibrations…
The exhaust should be doing perfectly fine job capturing the warm air and kicking it’s ass out…

Big air cooler. Stick with Noctua, bequiet! or Scythe.

My system had this “flaw”, never bothered to remove the Riing fan because i liked the way it looked.

That is the spot i intended to mount the AIO, btw.

2 Likes