Thermal Take Level 10 GT (and then some)

It is an age old battle. . . The optimum balance between esthetics and practicality.

Big fan of the corsair 200R right now.

Good airflow, good design language, good price, and good cable management.

Good for the purpose. But what if you want to run hot swaps for forensics? I also like my DVD and CD ROM dives, my good old fashioned manual fan controls, my RAID cages with their purdy indicator lights, and my easy to reach and read card reader. Call me old fashioned but I like my options.

I mean, you have like 4 5.25" slots to play with, and you should really be running your storage raid on a separate system using ZFS or something similar.

I get that it doesn’t suit everyone’s needs but I think it’s the best case in its price range hands down for most applications.

Plus it has some measure of that balance I was mentioning earlier. Myself, I’m quite happy with my LSI card. I’m not running a corporate server or anything so advanced. All four of my 5 1/4" bays are full. The floppy bay houses my RAID 0 (which I confess is on board via Intel) but it’s good enough for the amount of gaming I do. I still like to clone those old discs when I can for obvious reasons so I need two ROMS for that sort of thing and I do the burning with my blue ray. Yup. “Old” technology but my girls still love their Sims, Zoo Tycoon, and Spore. :sunglasses: