The Work From Home (WFH) Thread

I still have a deck of cards in a water proof case from back in the day. Maybe time to find where I put it…

Working from home as well, here’s my work setup. I actually wish I had a fourth monitor tipped vertically.

As far as tips go, I’ve found that I can get off-base in my hourly work, aka I can spend far too much time on side projects. So I try to stay focused.

4 Likes

Put a pad down for push-ups and sit-ups.

Need to setup an app for time increments. If I get more serious I have a pull-up and dip bar to pull out of a corner.

7 Likes

So I hope this does not come off as dark, but some pros of this situation:

• every time I get the itch to shop on Amazon for some little knicknack I abstain knowing it won’t come anytime soon. Saving me money and clutter/unfinished projects/shattered dreams the product didn’t solve my life’s whoes.

• Air quality in Los Angeles is much better now

• When needing to drive, it doesn’t feel like Fury Road

All that said, I’m sure all of us directly knows a number of people by now that have been laid off (if not yourself). It sucks- at least on principle. One of my friends is actively avoiding a phone interview realizing the unemployment and other benefits are a long deserved long vacation.

4 Likes

Actually, yeah. same.

I’ve been laughing about that for a couple weeks now.

1 Like

They forced me to go look at Walmart and then Homedepot to get it not like 3 weeks later. Paid like an extra $5, but rather have it before the weekend so I can actually do more lawn stuff. So much for my prime maybe we will all get some free months XD (Doubt)

Or what, you’ll stop paying?

hah fat chance.

1 Like

I mean when the sub is for 1 year you kinda get fucked (honestly I probably could stop paying since most orders are over $35 anyway)

1 Like

Yeah, they’ll really make you pay if you don’t have it tho.

That artificial slow lane.

1 Like

If you use prime video its not bad

$10 / month for the sub and free shipping when you dont need $35 worth of stuff

1 Like

I don’t use much of it, but appreciate I have it just for The Expanse and Bosch

1 Like

+1 would recommend if you havent seen it and have prime

1 Like

I like the idea of not buying an order of <$35

Helps curb impulse buys.

1 Like

yeah might make your orders bigger tho when you do like well im ordering this list and fuck might as well get this too so i dont have to wait

Its funny how people complain about how walmart treats and pays their people like shit but you dont think about that nearly as much when you think amazon

Don’t order from Amazon for ethical reasons and you won’t have to worry about prime :smiley:

2 Likes

I hate having accounts/cc info on tons of sites if I was to diversify (usually check out as guest)

x2. Even bothered to create a privacy account / temp BS CC for one of my purchases.

There is that service for throw away CCs but eh to much work
Also my 5% amazon cash back is nice

At work, they take care of us pretty well with the office chairs. We all have high end Herman Millers. No problems at all. Unfortunately, my home office does not have the budget for a Herman Miller. Anyone know of an office chair that doesn’t kill your tailbone that can be sat in for 8 hours at a time (yes, I do get up and move around at least 10 minutes of each hour.) But the Office Depot special needs to go! Memory foam cushions just don’t work well.

x2, my home office chair is a hand-me-down, I need to upgrade.

A coworker told me if we have telework approved/setup, I can re-initiate an ergo check and they issue a new chair and deliver to the house. I might hit this up.