The Work From Home (WFH) Thread

May I be so bold as to ask what a NEET is?

1 Like

May I be so bold as to ask what a NEET is?

Google says: a young person who is no longer in the education system and who is not working or being trained for work.

6 Likes

Not in Education, Employment, or Training.

6 Likes

Guess I’ll share my VPN woes.

50 Mbit pipe which has increased to 166 users today.

Lord have mercy, oh OpenVPN gods.

1 Like

Oh boy. That’ll be fun.

0.33mbps per user?

Hello T1 my old friend.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since we’ve seen FokkFeis — their last post was 12 months ago.

I’m fucking dying.

7 Likes

I’m currently doing working from home with my parents. I packed up my rig (mini-ITX ftw!) and a bag of clothes and moved back in with my parents for the time being. They live like 2 miles from me but they have a garden and a cat. Plus a pull-up bar in the garden.

I’ve done the work from home for the last week in my flat and that was kinda lonely.

My work machine is still on Windows 7 Pro so RDP looks shit on my 4K screen due to no scaling. Oh and you get only one screen and not as many as you like.

So, basically everything you need?

3 Likes

I’ll see you guys next year with more insider information on internet culture

16 Likes

You’d think so. Wrong brand of beer though and the house red is only okay.

4 Likes

I’m about to look into combining pomodoro with some kind of body weight work-outs.

Herschel Walker used to do push ups during commercial breaks when watching television. Now, though. commercial breaks are longer than the program, so you might end up damaging muscle tissue if you try that out the gate.

Another trick is to play SoulsBorne and do 10 pushups every time you die.

2 Likes

We had a thread dedicated to this that diet evangelists ruined, but I could start it back up if this isn’t appropriate here.

That being said, Westside Barbell came out with a barebones routine

Canisus High School has started a HUGE initiative.

You don’t need a gym to stay active.

Ross Enamait was always a huge inspiration for me back when I was in Golden Gloves and MMA. His routines still stand.

1 Like

I loved the deck of cards in high school, it actually kept things interesting because it was like a lootbox, except for muscle groups.

Never knew what you were going to get!

1 Like

It’s great with just bodyweight, but if you have light dumbbells or kettlebells it gets even more epic.

Don’t forget to make something insane the two jokers, like 100 bicycles each :wink:

Our jokers were usually something dumb like lunges for 200m on the track, doing the next card times 10, or the dreaded pink fluffy stars for a period of time.

1 Like

Lmao. This?

1 Like

Ours was basically a cross between a squat and a jumping jack.

The up position was more or less like the normal position for a jumping jack with your hands in the air and feet apart, but on the down you had to touch your toes with your hands and with ass to heels. And everytime you jumped up you had to yell “I’m a pink fluffy star!” as loud as you could.

1 Like

Another title for this thread is ‘we didn’t get fired club’

Being stuck at is either going to turn out good or bad :smile: I ended up buying a guitar to learn it

3 Likes

May the Gear Lords have mercy on your soul wallet. It can be an expensive hobby if you get into it.