The Work From Home (WFH) Thread

Apparently it’s supposed to be really nice today.

I’m also trying out wearing my “work” clothes while working at home to see if that does anything.

6 Likes

that keyboard is lit

1 Like

Well yeah, it has RGB, of course I’m going to have the LEDs lit.

2 Likes

Thank fuck they are starting the phase in process of putting us back on the ranch. (Air Force Installation)

So sick of working from home

It didn’t work for me. I hope it works for you.

Hey, anyone from the UK who can recommend an office chair would be Decent chair that is available in the UK

Being a terrible human, part 2:
Yesterday I’ve played a game during working hours. It was amazing!
Today I’m full of ragrets… and have more actual work to do.

Kids, don’t do this at home.

6 Likes

Well book that on “helped colleague”, “drank coffee”, “got used as rubber ducky by someone frome another department”

1 Like

If you really want to play a game, keep it under 15 minutes and be always ready to pause or leave and answer IMs or calls. If the game takes too long, abstain.

I can imagine you’re going pretty stir crazy.

1 Like

Wanna get jacked? Play a SoulsBorne or MetroidVania game.

Every time you die do 10 squats or 10 pushups.

Easy enough to do in makeshift office and in isolation :wink:

4 Likes

I now have a work phone at home. I’m currently in need of a new handset though.

I’m probably going to steal a handset from work.

6 Likes

Uuugh… just go find a Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) interface card (PCI-E, USB, doesn’t matter) and plug the RJ11 cable in your PC, then use some software to take calls (bonus: you can use USB or BT headsets). If you are more technical, get into Asterisk PBX and use a Softphone on any of your devices.

As a side-note, it would be funny to convert the phone into an audio-jack headset and talk on an old phone on a modern PC on a landline.

The black thing in the background already does SIP to POTS. I just want to have a thing ringing if someone calls. That’s purely to let me know my soft phone on my computer is disconnected.

2 Likes

Yeah, but more importantly, you can slam it down to hang up.

5 Likes

Back in college a housemate used to get into heated arguments with his girlfriend and a phone would get broken about once a month. One day I was minding my business downstairs and I hear him getting worked up again and then a loud BANG!, the dying ring of a metal bell that had been struck and suddenly freed, and the sound of tiny pieces of plastic skittering across the floor above me.

A few moments later he comes storming down the stairs and on his way out the door, turns to me and declares “…AND THAT’S THE LAST PHONE”!

Hanging up angrily on someone hasn’t been as satisfying since everyone got cell phones.

5 Likes

Yeah, now I’m tempted to get one and mod it to take bluetooth.

2 Likes

I need a better computer chair, but I’m being cheap. But my current chair is legit limiting my productivity.

I’ve heard a lot of people say good things about those chairs that are modeled after bucket seats you find in sports cars.

Dunno about them myself though, and I definitely can’t speak for longevity.

Personally, I’ve got a Steelcase Leap and it’s fucking amazing. Going on 3 years now with it and it’s not showing any wear whatsoever, and I’m finding that it helps my posture a ton.

1 Like

I was under the impression those car race seat looking gamer seats were more aesthetic than ergonomic.

Heard so many good things about steelcase then a buddy bought one and not liking it.

IMO I need to test sit, need places to be open again haha