The VEGA 56 / 64 Cards Thread! General Discussion

i should havw more headroom as im using 2 360mm rads oppse to ur 1 360 correct?

For 56 and 64 yes, but not for 64 liquid. You need the extra voltage of 64 liquid to get 1700+ clocks in gaming.

On GPU-Z if you click in the box it will change from current to, min, max, average with each click.

So ā€˜hot spotā€™ hit 57c at a peak core clock of 1639. That is high.

There abouts, that is how the 64 Liquid can sustain its clocks.

I have a 280 and 120 in a not-great-airflow case (S340 Elite) but really itā€™ll matter on loop saturation Iā€™d imagine.

Even with the liquid BIOS it never went near 70Ā°C. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s just the chip Iā€™ve got, as it drank plenty of power but never got any more performance past a certain point (about 1660MHz is what itā€™ll do stable on any BIOS - not all 64ā€™s work either).

I still havenā€™t seen anyone else say this, I just want some confirmation.

Who are you talking to? Type @ infront of name to talk directā€¦

I have a 560 and a 360 just for GPUs, so 7 fans to your 6, but two GPUs. So if you are single GPU and all other things equal, you should have better cooling. But real world you will only be able to run your fans at lower RPM because I am already passed cooling area required and 70% fan sustains temp for two days. I could even go 60% and stay at 29c water temp, but my fan curve wonā€™t allow it.

i was replying directly to his message i though it attached what he said to my messages my bad @Raziel

Do the math. You are at 57c with 1639 max clock. What will it be at 1677? 1700? At the voltages required to get those clocksā€¦

@Steinwerks

What I mean is, hot spot temps need to be around HBM2 temps at the clocks you have in order to get the Vega 64 liquid clocks. That is why the liquid BIOS is unstable on your card. The hot spot will be higher than HBM2 but at the lower clocks we are talking about the hot spot needs to be around HBM2. Am I explaining this right?

We both installed the same way with the same paste and our hot spot temps are within 5 or so degrees. We did it wrong.

At 1640 average clocks I was getting hot spot temps of 53c max. I pushed my cards to get a 1660 average clock and my hot spot was getting to thermal throttle territory for a liquid BIOS.

heaven_hotsot_comparison

So pushing even higher I would have crashed a 64 liquid BIOS, as my hot spot exceeded 70c. Donā€™t mind the GPU core temp, my furnace was running and blowing right down on PC which dramatically effects core temps. I close furnace vent when rendering or gaming. Actual temp will not exceed 38c.

heaven_hotsot_comparison_1710

So the XFX is supposed to hit the streets any day nowā€¦ or just click baitā€¦

@Razielreceived_2109579379279090

vega 64 in its new home

3 Likes

well my first issue is with overwatch it plays fine then after 1 or 2 matches it just goes black all blacm i even looked at the 17.1 deiver it still did the same thing. any1 know why? i just overclocked it last night ran stable all night.

AMD GPUs have and have had some serious problems with OW for a while now. AMD hasnā€™t done much of anything to fix it.

This may help?

1 Like

This isnā€™t a new issue and has been plaguing mostly AMD cards, but also some Nvidia cards for a while now.

Try some of the workarounds here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7f067p/overwatch_players_using_amd_gpus_please_help_me/

1 Like

lololol

Great minds think alike

Iā€™ll take that as a compliment! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I donā€™t even play OW, but I see this issue pop up a lot.

2 Likes

yeh it was fineā€¦ then im like all black seeing modles lined in redā€¦ still poping kff then i died and was like how do i navigate lol

Wccftech: PowerColor, Gigabyte and ASUS Officially Announce Their Custom AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 and 56 Graphics Cards ā€“ Custom Flavors Include Red Devil, WindForce 2X and ROG STRIX OC Models. https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-vega-custom-models-powercolor-gigabyte-asus/

Mindfactory has the PowerColor RX Vega listed.
https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/8GB-PowerColor-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-Red-Devil-Aktiv-PCIe-3-0-x16--Retail-_1215727.html
ItsSomething

Aaaand vega is sold out again. Or $700+ which is. ā€¦yeah. Some versions are listed at $900 for liquid cooled which isā€¦ Why tho.
Then again AMD doesnt control pricing, retailers do and the super high demand and low supply means prices skyrocket so its fairly simple from an economics point of view but still.

Raven ridge desktop spotted:
http://ranker.sisoftware.net/show_run.php?q=c2ffcdfadcbddce1d0e0d9ebdae2c4b68bbb9df89da090b6c5f8c0&l=en