The VEGA 56 / 64 Cards Thread! General Discussion

How much system RAM did you throw at it?

Edit: hadn’t run this with HBCC on yet…

1615MHz core (as reported by Afterburner)
1040MHz HBM2
-100mv (should be 1100) with +35% power
11-ish GB default HBCC

1 Like

Alright… really good note here:

Undervolting in the Afterburner Beta 20… seems to affect all P-states. -150mv turned off my card. :joy:

1 Like

Set to 16016; I’m assuming that’s aggregate, and not total RAM pleged to the GPU, correct?
Anyway, made some tweaks to Wattman:
-5% Core (GPUz reports 1547, but card maintains 1490-1500 under benchmark)
1100 HBM
1010mV cieling; 900mV floor; +50% Pwr
Fan = 400-4900
tTarget = 60c
tMax = 75c

This is what I got(after a reboot)

Have any luck pushing your HBM?

1 Like

It’s a good old benchmark-off!

I went for it and pushed the power to +50% and HBM2 to 1100 (just can’t play all games that way)

Is yours a flashed 56 or actual 64?

Edit: bumped up to 1660MHz on the core.

Bumping to 1680MHz crashed the benchmark so I think I found my limit on this 64 BIOS.

1 Like

Who here is running 100% Linux? What has your experience been like?

:sweat: I’m either going to have to wait for winter to bring me some bitter ambients, or break down and invest in WC gear. But you win… for now

64… Yep, that got creamed by a 56…
Almost wish I went with a couple of them instead, seeing how close they are after a flash

For reference to all, this is V64 w/ HBCC off

Vs
HBCC on

2 Likes

I don’t know that I’d call it an investment. More like a brand new addiction. :joy:

Keeping it cool really seems to help though. So far it’s been much more consistent than it was with the blower, but I didn’t think the blower was all that bad. In my case it was better than the 1070 with the open-air design (the 1070 was an EVGA FTW and was huge so it just circulated hot air underneath itself).

This card is so much more fun than the 1070 was.

I think @noenken is on Linux? I’m really curious about how that Morpheus II performs.

2 Likes

im picking up vega in the next month gonna add it to my loop gotta find one of those cooler master vertical gpu brackets tho… and its a pain in the ass to find

My desktop systems (well, rack cases now) are currently down, except router and NAS. I might throw a fresh win install on a crap SSD and run some furry tests to check when all is up and running again. But that won’t happen for a while. Sorry. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

$540 for a 64; there’s still hope for MSRP…

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 36 hours unless flagged)

This is a Vega, not ryzen thread, so no, not the correct place to ask.
Probably make your own thread and give some more details, like stress test temps, what waterblock, TIM and other parts are in your loop. Also try a different monitoring software, sometimes you can get weird results on one (I personally also normally use CPUID HWMonitor normally, and don’t have issues on my z97, but did on the Asus board before… VRM shown temps would shoot up over 117c degress in monitor, I was super worried, but turns out the Asus software only showed ~60c).

1 Like

i did make a thread no one ever replys so its pointless but lets see…

I’m sorry, I was not aware we where paid by you to be tech support instead of veiwing a forum and engaging with topics we find interesting… Also in 1hrs you’ve had 12 unique views on your thread and its unsurprising you don’t have a post yet as even this vega whatever still only has one every day or so, not serveral per hour. Also as one of those 12 veiws I can say you failed to give any real information like I mentioned above… still no idea what parts you have (mobo, waterblock, tim), what the temps are under a stress test (because if it gets as high as your spikes, then they are just periods of full load) ect or what actual settings your using for your overclock. I’m not a ryzen owner to say if your experience is normal or not instantly, and statistically nor are most people on the forum, so perhaps wait a day or so before thinking your not going to get any responses, and in future DO NOT try and hijack a normal thread, although not sure what the accepted norm is about posting in the lounge.

2 Likes

See the title? Vega or GTFO. Very simple.

6 Likes

I’m relatively new here, but I have found this forum a lot more stringent in terms of what the members expect to see from their peers, and I think with some time, you might find it as refreshing as I do with regard to the general outlay of the interwebz and “internet culture.”

I don’t think there’s a need to get defensive, you made a thread, and people are in it now, so let’s just get back to Vega here, can we? Infighting solves nothing and gets threads locked.

1 Like

If you want to discuss this any further start a new thread.

The fact that nobody knows an answer to your problem is not a license for you to crosspost, and even less to do so in an unrelated topic. The community is not toxic, much rather your action is despicable. Calm down and don’t do it again.

@Steinwerks

Some comparisons for you…

@AlAl

A 64 rises to the challenge…

CPU at stock, meaning I did not change anything, however by default Asus pegs all cores at turbo speed 24/7 at 3.7+XFR. I cannot push +100mv as this causes immediate crash on this benchmark.

Everything is running in the background and I mean everything. Also my card is pushing a triple monitor set up in every test.

Fisrt up, OC with HBCC turned off as it does not function in crossfire. The benchmark only runs one card. The OC settings are the same as the first Afterburner pic you see below.

hbcc-off

Stock GPU clocks HBCC set at 16GB.

stock

OC, HBCC at 16GB - These are also the clocks I use for GPU intensive programs and gaming.

clocks2

score2

Highest OC tested, HBCC at 16GB

clocks3

score3

The highest OC had no issues and could push more. However I do not like benching at 1080p on this test. I run at 4K and my calibration software does not like this program changing my resolution.

Also when it changes my resolution I lose visibility of my MSI graph:

monitoring_software

2 Likes

If you have been waiting, Vega 64 at MSRP as of 10:30pm MST 30.10.17:

Sunuvabitch I just bought that exact card for $600 3 weeks ago!

2 Likes