The VEGA 56 / 64 Cards Thread! General Discussion

Since this thread has so many eyes on it, I’ll spam this one time:

900 Pounds or 1239.24 USD for a Vega 56, anyone?

From a very known retailer in the UK, (OCUK) Link:

I’m glad to see anybody having some in stock. Means they are at least being manufactured, heh.

Well, you got options in Germany. They still suck but … at least you have some.

https://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Grafikkarten+(VGA)/Radeon+RX+VEGA.html

If that site doesnt have something, then rest of EU wont have it

No idea if this is related to Vega, but given that the rumor is they will be working with AMD, one can hope, right?

3 Likes

A gaming brand that isn’t nvidia? How dare you!

1 Like

Notice that… Now if we could avoid the price gouging.

Actually this shot says clearly “hi, I am not Vega”.

I signed nothing!

Were you trying to link the 8-pin?

1 Like

So, Crossfire Vega 64s here. Also dual Vega under Linux (not crossfire obviously). Seeing some wierd stuff with Linux actually, like it cranking up the WRONG CARD to run vulkan rendering on somehow (well, GPU tach shows the non-display card being hammered :D) and getting bad performance when i run the Vulkan benchmarks :smiley:

Not a lot of insight here personally, but presumably this is the mobile Vega part:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-Vega-12-Patches

Has anyone here had any success finding a water block for a Vega 56 Nitro+ GPU? I manage to snag the limited edition but other than need a new case because the card is so massive I haven’t been able to find a block that would fit it for a watercooling loop.

Given the already limited number of vega cards around, a custom PCB card might not get a waterblock at all.

Doom 2016 used to do that under Windows as well (Radeon cards). Something with the indexing in Vulkan being incorrect. As Vulkan is more low level, it puts more workload on the game devs. They probably don’t test with multi-GPU systems as almost no gamer has them. I tried to get some answer from id about the issue, but never got any reply. They might have fixed it now, I haven’t tried Doom Vulkan on Win with multiple Radeons in a year or so. Saw reports of it happening with multiple Nvidia cards too.

Vulkan has mulit-GPU support nowadays, but I haven’t seen anyone even begin to implement it.

It’s been fixed now (for doom specifically) so it will actually run on the index 0 card instead of the highest index GPU (because the gpu index array was reversed somehow, so in a dual GPU system index0 was card 1 and index1 was card0).

Lots of other Vulkan implementations out there are doing the same mistake still however and handling multi-gpu poorly. It also doesn’t help that it’s not very definitively documented how Vulkan multi-gpu is best done.

1 Like

I might see if i can file a bug report somewhere in that case.

I know i’m a massive edge case (Linux, dual Vega) but hey, if no one reports it, it will never get attention…

1 Like

This is a known issue.
Also have it in my case with Dual RX580.
I haven’t looked if it’s an application programming problem or also a vulkan (radv) implementation problem.

But a lot of vulkan applications however do context creation rather wrong and simply take the last index(highest) of the available physical devices for rendering instead of index 0.

Something I posted ages ago and already forgot about:

1 Like

Could it be true

it wasn’t april 1sth

Yeah totally confimed true just for today :wink:

1 Like