The VEGA 56 / 64 Cards Thread! General Discussion

so iv been playing with my Vega GPU… im having issues overclocking undervolting… ive ran heaven for like 5 hours its stable at 1700/1085 then when i game it crashes with in 1 hour? Like its so frustrating… so i flashed it with the LC bios and soon as i touch turbo mode it crashes… i just have no idea what im doing wrong.

its also scoring more on super postion by almost 200 points just by flashing the bios… and leaving the LC on balanced and my Original on OC… like idk… so fucking annoying

Use GPU-Z or HWiNFO and track your ‘hot spot’ temperature. On LC BIOS it will throttle close to 70c and shut down if it reaches it. Air BIOS will throttle close to 85c and shut down if exceeds.

Sapphire got the Vega 56 & 64 listed on their website

Wow, three 8-pins.

1 Like

Anyone else noticed the sudden price spike in Vega a few days ago? I’m talking about +150-200€ or something like that. Is this HBM2 related or christmas related? Any ideas?
(The price spike is in the EU market, I don’t know if it’s the same in the US)

low availability plus explosion in secondary cryptocurrency prices (cryptonight algos like monero go really well on vega, and ethereum’s also gone from ~$300 to $800+).

Notice! I am crying in my soup. Two weeks ago there was a supply of Vega 56 at Best Buy in metro DC for $450. This was NOT a deal by any sane measure. The insanity continues.

Speculation, Nvidia win the PC GPU market as they target gamers, video rendering farms and Ai. Where as AMD target consoles, Custom SOC’s and coin Mining. Nvidia lead in the PC game space as they decide to make their cards less interesting to miners and AMD continue to stand in lucrative but volatile markets.

Maybe. Except not if you are this guy …

Well I hope not because AMD open sourcing their drivers is such a great thing for Linux users. It would be a great shame if they fall too far behind in the PC GPU market or exit it altogether.

Full disclosure … I own AMD shares.

To be fair, AMD lost because gamers said “go fuck yourself” to AMD, not the other way around…

1 Like

Customers that are not fanboi’s just buy what is best. Now Nvidia is still king on the hill but I like how AMD is open sourcing there GPU driver in linux now.

"Microsoft go fuck yourself :slight_smile: "
You can quote me on that.

I just jave issues with amd drivers rolling me back to balance every boot up nd not being able to push past 1050hbm2 and 1700 core…

I just did :smiley:
Could you elaborate though? I don’t get the context to AMD…

Actions speak louder. How is nvidia’s linux drivers going ? Wayland support ?
Sometimes I forget Im in the middle of windows land. Hell its xmas I need to self medicate as much as possible.

1 Like

Yep. I’m not going to buy vega anytime soon because theres no way in hell I’m spending $600+ on V56 when 1080s are a thing.
Also the fact that currently vega 64 sits around 700-900 means the 1080 Ti is much better for gaming.

There are other uses out there yes but currently Vega doesnt sit anywhere near retail so its not good when the Nvidia options are there. I’m probably getting a 1080 unless Vega suddenly comes back in stock lol. Because I want to drive my 4k monitor and a 390 isnt cutting it.

If Vega was at retail it would be great but well its not.

1 Like

We sit and tick tock. I can be very patient. If a Vega 56 lands anywhere under $490 US I want to know about it. I won’t necessarily buy it at that price but I wanna know.

Just dropped $1500 on x2 Vega FE’s, and already eagerly await their arrival.
I… need help…

So what is the info on reference Vegas? I have a second reference Vega 56 ordered in an e-shop, but they say the arrival date is unknown. Is there a chance for reference Vegas? I need reference for watercooling GPU blocks.