• AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Air: $499
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Air Limited Edition: $549
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid : $599
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Limited Edition : $649 [UPDATED $649/$699]
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 : Pending [UPDATED $399]

WCCFTech

2 Likes

Linus holding and unboxing Vega:

It’s too expensive based on what we know right now about is performance.

Depends. Think about custom cooling from sapphire and others. If they can kick it up a little it is actually competing, especially if the difference between Vega 64 and 56 is as little as it was between Fury and Fury X. 399,- for that isn’t bad.

Well the second tier card is always the better value.

Aftermarket cards could improve performance yes but they will cost even more… As it stands it is a tiny bit faster than a stock 1080 for the same price and double the power consumption or more over a year later.

Not feeling very enthusiastic tbh lol

I get you, absolutely. It sure isn’t the groundbreaking destroyer of worlds that some people were hyped up for but it is by far not as horrible as I thought it would be. Even the big one might be good value. It is price to performance competitive today, it is the fastest card you can buy if you don’t like nvidia (like me and probably a lot of people around here) and if history tells us anything it will get a bit faster over time.

Honestly, that is more than I hoped for lately. After Vega FE hit, I thought AMD would try to sell it for more, that would have killed Vega on the spot. But if those prices are legit, I’m actually ok with that.

1 Like

huzah

WoW…People being amazed on simple holograms was more cringeworthy than i thought possible…

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid: base 1406 MHz / boost 1677 MHz AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: base 1247 MHz / boost 1546 MHz

Clocks listed are lower than those on Frontier Edition, prices are as much as 1070 to 1080 class, very disappointing.

Basically my thoughts…

Also for $515 you can get aftermarket cooled 1080’s, and most of those will get to 2k Mhz. Tis bleak this AMD launch. Very sad.

It’s all up to what the prices for the third party manufacturer cards will be when they come out in a month(?) or so. But guessing at this point I have doubts of upgrading from my R9 Fury right away. Maybe there’s some competition on price later in the year, but with these launch prices it doesn’t quite appear to me that AMD are prepared to battle for blood with Nvidia on price. Bar an unlikely performance surprise I don’t think Nvidia will find many reasons to touch their prices much.

By the looks of these coolers though I’m pretty sure the third party designs will be able to sport similar boost clocks as the water cooler model, using a triple fan design with a hefty heatsink. The performance results of the reference single fan design might well be a bit lower than what we’ll see with a more capable cooler.

Edit: Oh the TDP switch rumors came from an “old” slide, lol. Lastly if there is indeed a switch between 300 W and a 375 W TDP (likely through dual BIOS’es) for these cards, then I don’t see myself basing my decision on any 375 W performance scores. It’s just too much for my quiet build. I would be more inclined to undervolt a bit, as Vega FE has showed some promise on that part.

1 Like
1 Like

That preview image is actually really good. xD

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-and-Vega-56-Specs-Prices-Power-Detailed

AMD has told us that RX Vega will be on sale and reviews will go live on August 14th!!

1 Like

Asus Strix Vega 64

1 Like

Partner cards not coming till September

And then everything changed when nvidia attacked …only AMD the master of all 4 PC elements could stop them…but when the world needed them most… they vanished… A hundred years past and my brother and I discovered the new AMD… The platform with zen+Vega named team red

Lmfao couldn’t resist #avatarreference

1 Like

According to the GamersNexus video posted above, the tile-based rasterization tech was disabled on the Frontier Edition and will be activated when RX Vega is actually launched. So maybe there is more performance to be had? If not, then this architecture is a bit disappointing.

AMD is quoting that Vega 64 will be “trading blows” with a Gtx 1080, and I assume that AMD is ofc talking about Vega 64 with the release drivers and thus tile-based rendering enabled.

I mean it’s already somewhat close it seems to the 1080. Maybe it will at least lower power draw a little bit. I just want to be optimistic, because I want AMD to do well. Nvidia really needs some competition.

AMD is quoting TDP figures a couple less than what they did for FE, and there was some mentioning of there being some power saving features that were previously not enabled on FE that will be enabled on FE and 64 with the release 64 drivers, but it’s still going to draw more power than a 1080 or 1080 Ti while performing much more alike the prior.

Honestly it looks bleak. Vega 64 is going to cost as much as Gtx 1080 at launch, but aftermarket cards are now a month away, and will cost a premium over the $499 MSRP. Aftermarket Gtx 1080’s can be bought today, and have been available for a year+, and can be had for as low as $515. Yeah…