The tek syndicate Eyefinitey Club

Uhhh...

Think I will leave this one

If you can afford 2 780's you can afford 1 more monitor...

i would only go 3 monitors and also eyefinity is amd tech. i cant afford 2 more monitors because all my parts r from my relatives that work for various tech companies and because of that my parts didnt cost a crap ton. also i want to be able to play every game maxed out at 60-120fps. If i get more monitors than i doubt i will be able to keep doing that

Logan ran three 1440p screens with 780 SLI. You have definitely got the capabiltiy for more screens. I was like, this guy has a crazy amount of power. I just wasn't sure if you knew it.

Well i'll be posting tomorrow(most likely) with my full office setup, which includes three asus 21.5" monitors at 1920x1080

It should be in the politics section, due to blackjack, hookers, and the thread being created against the 2560x1600 monitor club. 

Dem feels when you can't join the 1440p monitor club because of 1090p monitor but at the same time you can't join the eyefinity club because you only have 2 of them......=(

you can join, so long as you are using greater than one monitor, and preferably with amd's eyefinity.

=D Thanks! and I'm ordering a new 7950(maybe 7970) right before I get back from vacation to replace my dead 6870. So you have no need to worry about me not using eyefinity. Once I get a better cash flow going I may try to invest in a fancy korean 1440p monitor to put inbetween my 2 1080p monitors! Could a single 7970 push that or am I just kidding myself here or should just go with 3 1080p monitors?

A 7970 could probably push that if you lowers some setting in games. With such a crazy resolution AA, and AF , and MSAA are kind of uneccessary. If you use only the 1440p monitor, you should be able to max most games. I can't be bothered to find any reliable benchmarks, so here's tomshardware: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7970-ghz-edition-review-benchmark,3232-8.html

I'm in, how did I not see this sooner. 7950 running an asus VE247 between two BenQ RL2450HT monitors. F1 2012 is my Favorite game to run Eyefinity at the moment.

Racing games look amazing with any kind of multimonitor set up.

I feel as though we should also be using this thread to anwser questions about eyefinity, and nvidia's surround in general. So, here are a few general things that may be anwsers to a few frequently asked question

Do all monitor's need to be the same?

No, you can mix monitors as much as you like with eyefinity however with nvidia surround, they need to be the same resolution.

What adapters can I use?

All adapters and and cables need to be active, for example dvi out to dvi in, dvi out to dvi in, and mdp out to mdp in. Active adapters are required for things, such as, mdp to vga, or dvi to vga when setting up both eyefinitey and surround

For further information, pease refer to: http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/how-to/Pages/faqs.aspx for eyefinty and: 

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-technology.html for surround

didnt they run 3 way gtx 780sli?

2 way, I believe. It's quite a bit of GPU. On par with dual Titans in gaming performance.

What angles do you have your screens at i found 22.5 deg(ISH) to be best.

I've got it at around the same angle but, it changes daily due to my cats knocking it.

So after reading, I can join because I'm runnning an ASUS V238H with the X-Star. Not using Eyefinity though, and the color difference is painfully obvious. Oh well.